homemade CAI need help!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• homemade CAI need help!!

i have a 1996 3.8 v6... my question is does anyone have step by step directions to doing a homemade c.a.i or ram air setup..? and is it better than the slp cai or worse? thanks

1. Remove old air box setup.
    2. Buy a 45deg exhaust elbow, A rubber hose connector, and at least a foot or two of straight exhaust tubing.
    3. Clean the 90 deg elbow that attaches to the throttle body.
    4. Paint the tubing.
    5. Use the 45deg to get through the area on the drivers side.
    6. Connect the straight tube to the stock 90deg elbow and fix the 45deg one to the straight one using the rubber hose connector. (this is kinda time consuming)
    7. Go down from the 45 as far as you want and then put on a cone filter. \

I dont think your going to see any big performance gain from a custom to a manufactured CAI. Also this is what I did for my 3.4
    \'94 Pontiac Firebird 3.4<p>MODS<br />Custom CAI, by pass cat,<p>soon to come<br />SLP CAI, sweet thunder exhaust, 1.25 lowering springs, 3 pt sub frame connectors, traction bar, port & polished heads & intake manifold, Headers, strut tower bar, ram air hood, SLP rims 18 in, tires? any suggestions? E-mail at firebird1206@aol.com

Comment

Don't you also need an O2 sensor bung and an 02 sensor?
      \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

I didn't cause I have a 3.4 in my bird
        \'94 Pontiac Firebird 3.4<p>MODS<br />Custom CAI, by pass cat,<p>soon to come<br />SLP CAI, sweet thunder exhaust, 1.25 lowering springs, 3 pt sub frame connectors, traction bar, port & polished heads & intake manifold, Headers, strut tower bar, ram air hood, SLP rims 18 in, tires? any suggestions? E-mail at firebird1206@aol.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X