REAL dual exhaust

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REAL dual exhaust

Has anyone ever actually dualed out the exhaust on a V6? Meaning running seperate pipes off the headers to two cats and two mufflers.

I am pretty sure it is not possible to have two cats. The only way they could fit one was with that big annoying lump in the floor, unless maybe you ran them right of the manifolds and used Corvette style mufflers in the rear, that might work.
    Arctic White \'02 Camaro<br />3.8, 5spd.

Comment

it is possible to do true dual w/ two cats.

Run the cats pretty much straight off the headers, and two pipes going back to mufflers in the back (which can be made to fit one way or another)

go to cz28.com and look up true dual. Several v8's have done it and that is your best bet for getting more nfo.

not going to be easy though
      2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

sounds pointless besides just being able to say you have it....I think it would be more sensible to run a bigger pipe back...remember our cars need backpressure too....

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
        05' CTS-V
        00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

For any engine under 330ci, true dual is pointless..

Unless you're looking for some kind of 5,000RPM scavenging by using an X pipe - I dont see why it would be necessary. We don't even have longtubes to take advantage of it!

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
          Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

I have longtubes [img]tongue.gif[/img] as for the v6 needs backpressure, do you realize the fastest n/a 3.8 on this board has like NO backpressure/ open y pipe?

Comment

That same person also runs a torque converter w/ a stall of over 4k rpms...

Making backpressure & low end torque rather moot.

I can see the point of a dual exhaust if you have forced induction. N/A, it is pretty pointless.

Do a lot of research before you start spending $$$ though. It'll cost you 1k easy.
              2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

keiths tc isnt over 4000 its a precision industries 3200

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X