? Ghetto Intake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ? Ghetto Intake

I have not got around to puting a real intake in because of lack of funding for makemycarreallyfast foundation (feel free to donate) but i have been using a different set-up instead. I took off all the stock resinators and air restrictors and instead of using the stock airbox i simply took it off and but a cylinder air filter instead. But the rest is stock. Can someone please tell me if this is helping or hurting the performance of my car. Should i run this or the the stock air box. I have been running this on my car for about 5 months now and have yet to have any noticable problems like my car not starting. Please look at this pick to see what i am talking about.

http:/www.angelfire.com/nb/camaro

[ June 06, 2002: Message edited by: edgejme ]</p>
    \"DRive it like you sTole it\"<br />RIP<br />Black 97 Camaro RS A4 (Y87)<br />3.42 LSD, Flowmaster exhaust(3in),<br />Slp Cold air intake Stage3 weight reduction (removed spare and jack)<br />\"Now a question of ettiquite, do I give you the *** <br />or the crotch?\" <br />~Tyler~ (FC)<br />!!!!NEW Ride Silver!!!! 03 WRX \"stock\"

I think you'd be getting a little bit more air flow with that filter, BUT because of where it's located it will be sucking in a lot of hot air. A lot the heat from the engine builds up under the hood and with that setup it will suck a lot of it in. I've tried that and a million other things, but I wasn't happy till I got the SLP cold air intake (used :D $). There is nothing you can do that will amount to the performance of the SLP (unless you build one exactly like it [img]tongue.gif[/img] ). My 2 cents

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
    ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

I wouldn't worry about that hurting your car. As long as it's sealed up to the filter, you shouldn't have any problems. I think the SLP one would be a lot better for you.

Hurts to see a cone filter on a camaro. [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img]
      - JT3<br />1998 Red V6 Camaro Y87 Y3F - J.E.T. Chip Stage II - Clear Parking Lights - Removed Grill - K&N - Whisper Lid - !FRA MOD - MAF Screen Removed - Pro 5.0 - Pacesetter Headers - Magnaflow Catback - 32mm Front Swaybar - And A System(bump bump)

Comment

Thanks, ya i am planning on getting one farely soon, so you guys would recommend ordering it from SLP? Is the installation pretty straight forward? THX again
        \"DRive it like you sTole it\"<br />RIP<br />Black 97 Camaro RS A4 (Y87)<br />3.42 LSD, Flowmaster exhaust(3in),<br />Slp Cold air intake Stage3 weight reduction (removed spare and jack)<br />\"Now a question of ettiquite, do I give you the *** <br />or the crotch?\" <br />~Tyler~ (FC)<br />!!!!NEW Ride Silver!!!! 03 WRX \"stock\"

Comment

I made my own intake, out of PVC, and a big *** cylinder shaped cylinder, and I run better then average times for a 3.4L.

I feel bought CAIs are over rated, they are pipes, and a filter, I can make that.

mine cost mne about $85, that inclides making 3 different setups, to find one i like and trusted.

Comment

I'm working on ram air for my car. I'm going to have to cut that plastic under the car, but when I get it done I feel like it'll be way better than anything you could buy. I've been meaning to post some diagrams, but haven't gotten around to it.

1994 Blue 3.4l 5spd
            Eibach Pro-Kit
            KYB Gas-A-Just shocks
            K&N Filtercharger

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X