New catback system from flowmaster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New catback system from flowmaster

Alright does anyone know anything about the new catback system from flowmaster for 98-02 firebirds? It sounds good on their site but I can't tell if its really a 6 or an 8. Let me know if anyone is getting it and tell me what u think of it. I heard it comes with 2 1/2 in. catback w/resonators, flowmaster 80 series muffler, and 3 inch tips for $275. Give me an idea about how u think it'll sound.
    [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
    NO NOTHING CAR FAN

everyone gets Flowmaster first, then they piss and moan about how bad it sounds....I have flows now....and the sound clip is most definatly an 8cyl....I just ordered the Edelbrock Catback from jegs for 280$....my friend has it on his car and it sounds great

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

i wont be going for cat since they are expensive, but am gunna give dynomax rear only a try (with quad tips)

Comment

HEY GUY...I HAVE ALREADY ORDERED THEIR NEW CATBACK AND AM WAITING FOR IT TO ARRIVE...I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT SOUNDS WHEN I GET IT ON...I FIGURE IF IT DOESNT SOUND RIGHT...THEN I WILL JUST ADD A HI-FLOW CAT AND LARGER PIPE...IT SHOULD BE HERE IN ABOUT A WEEK...

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chase97:
          HEY GUY...I HAVE ALREADY ORDERED THEIR NEW CATBACK AND AM WAITING FOR IT TO ARRIVE...I WILL LET YOU KNOW HOW IT SOUNDS WHEN I GET IT ON...I FIGURE IF IT DOESNT SOUND RIGHT...THEN I WILL JUST ADD A HI-FLOW CAT AND LARGER PIPE...IT SHOULD BE HERE IN ABOUT A WEEK...<hr></blockquote>

There's this new invention out now, it's called "Caps Lock" key. I think you should use it. [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] When you have caps on, its hard to read and it seems like you are shouting.

EDIT: Just listened to it on their site. It is DEFINETLY a V8. It sounds somewhat similar to my bro's 97 V6 Camaro, but once that thing revs higher, it's all LS1, baby.

[ June 08, 2002: Message edited by: TheV6Bird ]</p>
          --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

Is it possible to file a class action lawsuit against Flowmaster for false advertisement?? Hmmm just think what we can do with all that money. :D I heard the clip and it is the exact same thing as the 8 cyl clip they have right above it. I wish my 6 sounded that nice. :rolleyes:

Comment

Chase let me know how it works out for ya. I'm curious too see what it sounds like in REAL LIFE. Advertisers will do anything to sell something. Hey could we file a lawsuit against them for false advertisement lol that would be sweet. Although we'd lose more than likely. what do ya'll think about dinomax superturbo muffler with a catback system? Just curious.
              Flowmaster= [img]graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
              NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sste31:

<hr></blockquote>

Hey, no need for that!
                :mad: Keep opinions like that to yourself. I like my Flowmaster.
                Joe<br />1995 3.4 Teal Camaro<br />80 Series Flowmaster<br />B&M Ripper Shifter<br />K&N Air Filter

Comment

Check out the thread titled:

New Flow Cat, New S Pipe, No SES Light.

I have the new Flowmaster Catback.

dave

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sste31:
                    Chase let me know how it works out for ya. I'm curious too see what it sounds like in REAL LIFE. Advertisers will do anything to sell something. Hey could we file a lawsuit against them for false advertisement lol that would be sweet. Although we'd lose more than likely. what do ya'll think about dinomax superturbo muffler with a catback system? Just curious.
                    <hr></blockquote>

hmmm...flowmaster is decent. well flowing. i run 14.9 with just whisper lid and flowmaster 40. on a Z28 muffler!!!
                    flowmaster = good.
                    you = uninformed
                    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

alright I was talking about the freakin website man I'm not dissin flowmaster itself.I meant they were bull****tin on their website. Hell I'll probably get the new catback system. So no i am not uninformed.
                      NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by navyblue2000:
                        i run 14.9 with just whisper lid and flowmaster 40. on a Z28 muffler!!!
                        flowmaster = good.
                        you = uninformed
                        <hr></blockquote>

Flowmaster = good.
                        you = need to explain more thoroughly, I don't get it: you have a Flowmaster 40 on a Z28 muffler?? Do you mean Z28 I-pipe?
                        --<b>David</b>--<br /><a href=\"http://bryant2.bryant.edu/~dsantore/index.htm\" target=\"_blank\">The <b>NEW</b> V6Bird Website!</a> <br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/thev6bird\" target=\"_blank\">Cardomain site</a><br />ΔX

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by navyblue2000:
                          i run...with...flowmaster 40. on a Z28 muffler!!!

...you = uninformed
                          <hr></blockquote>

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by TheV6Bird:
                          you = need to explain more thoroughly, I don't get it: you have a Flowmaster 40 on a Z28 muffler?? Do you mean Z28 I-pipe?<hr></blockquote>

INSTRUCTIONS:

Step 1 - Open mouth.
                          Step 2 - Remove foot from mouth.

:D [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
                          -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

I heard the exhaust on a v6, it's clean. sounds like a V8, literally. you could mistake the car for a Z28 or a Formula w/ that exhaust. the resonator is funny though. it's really long and snakes through a box-looking thing in the middle of the i-pipe just before the rear end.
                            2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Hey patrick do u have a sound clip of it? And do u know if the guy had anything else on there besides the catback system? I know I'll probably get a high flow cat but will that make the sound deeper or just give me more hp?
                              NO NOTHING CAR FAN

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X