Cat-back but no S-Pipe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat-back but no S-Pipe

If the S-Pipe is after the cat then how can a "cat-back" system not come with it? So if I buy the American Thunder Cat-back I still have to buy the S-pipe?

What other pipes do I need that this supposedly full cat-back system doesn't come with?
    SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

yeah, i bought the borla without knowing it is short of the s-pipe. Now i'm in the same predicament. I haven't even found a place to get a 3" s-pipe from

Comment

for my 3" spipe i ordered two 45* mandrel bent pipes from jcwhitney. took the to the shop along with my cat and i pipe and let them work their magic.

are yall getting hi flow cats as well?

Comment

yeah, i plan on getting a 3" inlet/outlet cat too, but i didn't want to get that until i had an s-pipe...your idea of the 45's sounds pretty smart...i'll look into that one.

Comment

http://www.camarov6.com/cgi-bin/ulti...=8&t=003635&p=

nino has a hi flow cat there for sale... 30 bucks isnt bad.

the 2 45s are working good for me... youll probably also need an o2 sim eventually, like me.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr> are yall getting hi flow cats as well?
            <hr></blockquote>

My car is still under warranty so I think I would be pushing my luck with regard to the warranty with a high flow cat. Same issue with headers.

Maybe after my warranty expires.

So I guess it makes sense to go ahead and get a I-pipe when you get a cat-back so you can do it all at once doesn't it...
            SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, 180* thermo, manual fan switch, 3.42 gears, Auburn Pro LSD, Wester\'s PCM Tuning, TSP Rumbler, High Flow Cat. Best Time: 9.909@71.58 (1/8 mile)

Comment

jsut for the record.. the edelbrock dident come w/ and s pipe either..

~bill

Comment

the slapasses working on your car dont know what a higflow cat looks like versus a regular one. and if they do they wont care, unless somehow the problem is the cat.

Comment

How hard is it to find someone that will replace the stock cat with a high-flow cat? Isn't it in a shady grey area of the law?

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hawgs:
                    for my 3" spipe i ordered two 45* mandrel bent pipes from jcwhitney. took the to the shop along with my cat and i pipe and let them work their magic.

are yall getting hi flow cats as well?
                    <hr></blockquote>

What was the part # and how much was it? I'm getting a loudmouth and I need to get one of these.

Edit: Never mind. My lazy *** didn't even look before I asked :rolleyes: . Looks like it goes from $4.69 - $18.99... which one did you get?

[ June 26, 2003: Message edited by: eDoog ]</p>
                    \'96 M5 Camaro White<br />Flowmaster Full Catback<br />SLP CAI<br />180* Thermo<br /><br />Stereo: H/U - Clarion DXZ725 <br />Alipne Type-R 6.5 Components (front), <br />Alpine Alpine SPS-1629S 6.5 <br />2 10\" JL 10w0<br /><br />\"One Love\" -Bob Marley

Comment

45° Mandel-bent Aluminized Tubing, (A/B)=10", (C)=6", ID=2-7/8", OD=3"

81ZX2931W
                      $ 18.99

2 of those.

Comment

Isnt the S-pipe that thing that connects the catback and the cat?
                        I might need one too if it is..
                        1997 Camaro Y87. Turbo.<br /><a href=\"http://pureoctaneracing.net/\" target=\"_blank\">Pure Octane Racing</a>

Comment

yes it is chronic

Comment

for my S pipe i used a Mandrel bent U BEND pipe from jegs... cut it in half and turn it around..

its in the sig
                            96 Camaro M5. Dark metallic gree (?dont know the offical color name)<br />Home made Intake :: Headers, 3inch headers back to Flowmaster muffler :: spec stage 3 clutch Now installed, waiting for 3.42\'s and LSD next month<br /><a href=\"http://photobucket.com/albums/y192/RiceEatingCamaro/?action=view&current=newcar.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">My Car</a> <br /><br />Totalled Car.<br /><a href=\"http://bellsouthpwp.net/s/k/sk8er305/\" target=\"_blank\">96 CamaroRS</a>

Comment

with a U bend you will have 2 90* turns, where as with 2 45*s you have softer bends... jsut something to keep in mind.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X