Dealer Replaced Cat 4 FREE

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dealer Replaced Cat 4 FREE

I've had a rattle in my exhaust for like a month now and I knew it was the cat so I decided to put on a catco. I've been putting it off due to the fact I'm a poor college kid. However, after some researched I learned it is illegal to replace a cat if your car is under 5years or 50K miles. Suprisingly even in Miami Fl of all places exhaust shops didn't want to touch my car. Even in the state with no emissions laws(gotta love the breezes that blow our dirty air to the Bahamas). I soon found out that by Federal Law the manufacturer is require to place any emissions devices under that time span. Had it done yesterday and my car truly drives like a new one. Moral of the story, if you have a cat thats rattling and your out of warrenty get it fixed @ the dealer for free!
    1999 Camaro Hugger Orange 3800 A4 <p>Mods-SLP SS exhaust, K&N, SLP STB, SLP SFCS, 1LE Sway Bars(32/19), 99 C5 Wheels on 255/45ZR17\'s-17\'s on all corners...Non-Y87

That is great news! I am also a poor college student,with a rattling cat and i was going to do the same thing.(replace it) But now im just gonna let the dealer replace that puppy for free! Im calling them tonight to get it taken care of. Thanks for letting us know about this! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    99 Black Convertible Bird<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/1blackbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/1blackbird</a> <p>Whisper lid, K&N, raised airbox, removed MAF screen, American thunder cat-back w/resonator, gatorback belts, mirror tinted windows, tons of Streetglow neon,PAC-OEM1, RFPower550s pushing Polk 12\" GNX-124s, Cobra Esd-9210 laser/radar detector, when i get more bills, i\'ll get some real mods...

Comment

I believe it was up to 7 yrs/70k miles for the federal emissions law. Mine failed at 72k and did not make it. So I had to shell out the bucks.
      1999 Pewter Camaro M5<br />Y87 Performance Package, Sport Appearance Package, Diamond Clears<br />Factory SS Hood, Free Ram Air Mod, Whisper Lid w/ K&N Air Filter<br />CarSound Cat 94009, B&B Tri-Flo w/ Quad Tips<br />BMR SFC, BMR STB, KVR Blank Rotors, Hawk HPS Pads<br />Black Painted Calipers w/ CAMARO Decal, 245/50 Dunlop SP Sport 5000<br />20% Rear 35% Side Tint, Red Reflective Inlays, Invincishield<br /><b>Young girls avert their eyes, weak men tremble, Ford dealers faint.</b>

Comment

Its now 80K miles.
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
        Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X