resistor!?!?!?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• resistor!?!?!?

i was at the track yesterday and there was a v6 camaro kicking some a$$!! i went to check out his car and he showed me something he had done to it that i had never seen before. he had several mods but the one that caught my curiosity was where he inserted some kind of resistor or capasitor into the sensor on the intake(after the air lid but before the maf) he said it helped to give his car more fuel. I had never herd of this before. has anybody heard about this?
    1999 Firebird (black)<br />Y87 package<br />Whisper lid<br />FRA<br />Raised airbox<br />K & N Filter<br />Removed MAF screen<br />180 thermostat<br />3\" catalytic converter<br />Cat-back exhaust<br />Flowmaster<br />\"Fool you can bet, that I can dance underwater and not get wet\"

This is the commonly known IAT tricker mod - the theory is it will trick the computer into believing its really 57degF outside and will advance the timing during summer months. Nobody has yet to prove if it is effective or not.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

oddly enough i noticed a seat of pants difference but it goes away, do nto drive it all the time. hurts MPG.

I tried a resitor that would make it think ti was cooler liek 32 degrees, I thiught it helped better, but the gains were so minimal, I don't really do it, and this is form the guy who drains his windshield washer fluid.

Comment

well i would like to try it this weekend at the track but i dont know what kind of resisto to buy. i think he told me to buy a 4.7 or something like that but i dont really remember and i dont want to mess anything up on my bird. could anybody help me out? he also told me that he unbolted the catalytic converter and separated it from the exhaust pipe when he goes to the track. is this a good idea or should i just get a cut-out? [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
        1999 Firebird (black)<br />Y87 package<br />Whisper lid<br />FRA<br />Raised airbox<br />K & N Filter<br />Removed MAF screen<br />180 thermostat<br />3\" catalytic converter<br />Cat-back exhaust<br />Flowmaster<br />\"Fool you can bet, that I can dance underwater and not get wet\"

Comment

firebird99, I would emulate maybe his other mods but DO NOT DO that !IAT mod. I used it on the track and went a consistent .1 slower. I was trapping 15.4s all day with it and then on my last 3 runs I took it out (same day) and pulled 15.3s on all of the runs and at a 0.7MPH higher speed. It sucks...trust me.

Comment

I have the SLP ATM, is this the same thing as having a 4.7ohm resistor? Someone told me that and I hope I didnt pay 50 bucks for a 2 dollar 4.7ohm resistor covered in plastic :rolleyes: BTW, dont buy either one, no gains, less mpg. makes your car run rich.
            1998 Red Firebird A4 3.8L (3.08)<br />Dynomax bullet then dumped, Carsound cat, NGKTR55 plugs, Taylor Pro 8mm, Hypertech 160*, Whisper Lid, k&n,!FRA, Lifted Airbox<br />(2) Audiobahn 10\" subs<br /> Sony Xplod MP3 Head unit/interchangeable Color Display

Comment

thanks for the info, i guess what i'll do next is get a high flow catalytic converter and a 2.5" cat-back exhaust. i went to the track today to test out my induction lid & flowmaster and i must say i was happy w/ the results. i whooped a convertible mustang gt(v8) about 3 times. it was great. [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img] so i hope w/ these other mods i'm planning it will do even better.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Supersix:
                I have the SLP ATM, is this the same thing as having a 4.7ohm resistor? Someone told me that and I hope I didnt pay 50 bucks for a 2 dollar 4.7ohm resistor covered in plastic. <hr></blockquote>

Sorry, but you did. :(
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

fug it, at least i can tell all the chicks that my car has an SLP Air Temperature Module! They'll get all wet cuz it sounds important.
                  1998 Red Firebird A4 3.8L (3.08)<br />Dynomax bullet then dumped, Carsound cat, NGKTR55 plugs, Taylor Pro 8mm, Hypertech 160*, Whisper Lid, k&n,!FRA, Lifted Airbox<br />(2) Audiobahn 10\" subs<br /> Sony Xplod MP3 Head unit/interchangeable Color Display

Comment

Yeah, all the girls will be clamoring over an "air temp. module."... :rolleyes:
                    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X