Edelbrock CatBack on a 2000 Firebird - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Edelbrock CatBack on a 2000 Firebird

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Edelbrock CatBack on a 2000 Firebird

Although the Edelbrock Catback exhaust says it will only work up to the 97 models, will it still work for a 2000? I was wondering because it is the exhaust I have decided on, and it was said previously on this board that it would easily work on the 98. P.S. Also, I was looking to doing a high flow cat at the same time. The 3' generic model from summit, for $60, will work, right? Thanks.

-DrkMind11
    <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

I have the same edelbrock kit on my camaro, it doesnt fit perfect. They had to custom hang it which was fine with me. When I had it installed, I had my 3" in/out hi-flow cat installed. One thing I was unaware of is that the I-pipe on the Edelbrock tapers from 2.5" at the S-pipe to 3" at the muffler. Fits directly on to the stock s-pipe. The sound is good and deep. A little too muffled at first, but now that it has broken in, it sounds great. I would suggest getting the hi-flow cat put on while they are under there, that is where I gained most of the power from.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by P-nut-:
      ...I would suggest getting the hi-flow cat put on while they are under there, that is where I gained most of the power from.<hr></blockquote>

How could you tell that if you put it on at the same time as the catback?
      -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
        New Owner!
        by LETZRIDE
        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
        3 days ago
      • ssms5411
        Little work today
        by ssms5411
        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
        2 weeks ago
      • LETZRIDE
        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X