Does the Seal on the Whisper Lid Matter? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does the Seal on the Whisper Lid Matter?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does the Seal on the Whisper Lid Matter?

I recently installed an SLP CAI, Whisper Lid, and K&N Filter on my stock camaro. While I didn't expect gigantic improvements, I didn't really experience much of a gain. (Maybe I did, and I just subconsciously want more [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Anyway, I put the gasket material in the Whisper Lid, but it doesn't seem to me like its a tight seal. (The gasket doesn't come all the way to the edge) I just feel like there are some gaps and air can escape.

My question is - with the CAI and the new Lid, is it crucial that the airbox is completely sealed? Will a good seal and a bad seal make a noticeable difference?

I know that I can't experience full gains without an exhaust upgrade, but I wanted to make sure that I wasn't losing power in the meantime because of my seals. Is the whole point of the airbox upgrade to be completely sealed, or does it not make a huge difference.

If I should seal it with more gasket material, does anyone know what its exactly called that I'm looking for? or a link to it online would be great!
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

hold up, not sealed after the air filter??? you better fix that quick or you gonna be suckin in dirt, dust, etc...if before filter...if its not a bad leak its prolly ok, but why not make it right?? its stupid to half-a$$ something

"Money can't buy me happiness, but I'm happiest when I can buy what I want"
    05' CTS-V
    00' Camaro - SOLD :(

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X