Catco 3" Cat Converter $51
    LT1 Adaptor Kit $68
    Dynomax I-Pipe 3" Mandrel $41
    Dynomax Axle Crossover $50
    Extra Piping $50
    Chambered Mufflers (24" Stainless)$88.20*2
    Tips $90

Total $526.40

Think this would work? Anyone know what size chambered mufflers GMMG uses?

[ May 31, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

i've thought of a few ideas myself. of course, you need to realize i am VERY strong on the 'function over form' principle, i don't care if it looks like crap as long as it succeeds on the dyno...
    1. VERY short exhaust system...headers, or manifolds, whatever, with a 2.25 or 2.5" catco cat on each (depends on how much power you want...), then pipes coming off those, into a 4-way pipe connector, also size of pipe...then coming off that, some pipe, followed by whatever kind of mufflers you choose (even bullet-style mufflers), with side exits. tru duals WITH an X pipe. kinda cool.
    then the GMMG style...i pipe 3", with it y-ing to 2 2.5", with 2.5" dynomax race mufflers, which go out to the tips out back...kinda neat, kinda cheap, but still effective.
    hey, i've spent 438 dollars on my car and i'm in the 14's. expensive != good [img]smile.gif[/img]
    2011 Camaro LS 6M, in black.

Comment

where do you get the chambered mufflers at??
      Wolf<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/249111/7\" target=\"_blank\">95 black t-top camaro</a>,3.4 5 speed,ud pullies,plugs/wires,de-shaft tb & gutted airbox, homemaid short throw shifter

Comment

Get at Sweet Thunder

As far as the copy idea, what do you think install/assembly fees would be on a system like this? You mentioned all the part costs, but how about the labor? The cat and LT1 adapter would be extra whether you bought the GMMG or not, so you could actually take those costs out for the comparison with the premade system.

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

I refuse to pay a weld guy more than $100 to weld all that up for me... $50-80 would be a reasonable estimate for labor.

(((Just the Kit)))
          Dynomax I-Pipe 3" Mandrel $41
          Dynomax Axle Crossover $50
          Extra Piping $50
          Chambered Mufflers (24" Stainless)$88.20*2
          [You choose your tips]

Total $317

Add $100 in labor = $417

Add cat and new Spipe - $536 + tips and you're done.

Thats a lot better than $700 + labor + LT1 Spipe + Cat + tips!!!!!
          2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

gmmg exhaust is 3" at the over axle pipe, goes to 2.5" through the chambers and 2.5" at the tips. definatly worht the extra 150 bucks
            - \"So you have something to look at when you\'re talking to \'em\" - <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916</a>

Comment

And so is this one I designed which is only $317 comparitively!!! [img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]

So you're telling me its more worth it to buy from GMMG and spend 220% more?!

[img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]

[ June 01, 2002: Message edited by: Dominic ]</p>
              2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

ok so i cant read numbers, [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] , big deal, if you can do it... then do it, but :D the best is still the best :D

end of story
                - \"So you have something to look at when you\'re talking to \'em\" - <br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=296916</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by firebird1
                  if you can do it... then do it, but the best is still the best
                  end of story
                  <hr></blockquote>

restart story:

If you can make the same system, with the same sound and performance, for 1/2 the price, wouldn't that be the best? If you are talking about sig racing maybe "GMMG" looks better than "custom chambered system", but you could spend the extra couple of hundred on some more hp stuff and add the 1/4mi times to the sig as well [img]smile.gif[/img] Either way, I hope you like your exhaust.

[ June 02, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

Sounds like firebird is jealous he payed twice the money for the same thing dominic can make [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

heh thats funny - well if you guys wanna pay the $700 for a custom kit go ahead. Im just trying to save myself and every future buyer on here some dough [img]smile.gif[/img] .

I mean $700 is no joke, and if I can save $0.10 I'll do it my way.

We all know it sounds good [img]smile.gif[/img]
                      2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                        New Owner!
                        by LETZRIDE
                        I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                        3 days ago
                      • ssms5411
                        Little work today
                        by ssms5411
                        Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                        2 weeks ago
                      • LETZRIDE
                        Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                        by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                        Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                        By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                        Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                        02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X