It Seems My AC Made My Exhaust Get Deeper - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It Seems My AC Made My Exhaust Get Deeper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It Seems My AC Made My Exhaust Get Deeper

It got up to around 90 herr in St. Louis and had to crank up the AC. I think my exhaust tone changed when my car got cold inside. Did my exhaust get deeper or is it just my imagination??
    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Sounds like something that happened to me last week. I ran around my car counter-clockwise 16 times and it feels like I gained 18-20 rwhp.

I highly doubt that is anything but your imagination.
    1993 3.4 <br />Borla rear section<br />3 inch Catco High Flow Cat<br />2.75 inch I pipe (Picked one up from an LT-1 guy for a whole $10)<br />K&N Fipk <br />180° T-stat<br />Jet Stage II<br />10 Spoke Z28 Wheels<br />NGK\'s, Taylor Spiros<br />Mobil 1 synthetic<p>Email Viper2@chesnet.net for 4th gen replacement parts.

Comment

LOL, I think I'm gettin old..

Comment

Naw, it's true. With my cutout opened, if I turn on my A/C, the tone of the exhaust gets deeper and the "gurgles" are more spread out. It's not just my imagination either, my g/f noticed it, and some friends noticed too.
        Kyle M<br />--------------<br /><a href=\"http://grdws6.netfirms.com\" target=\"_blank\">2002 Trans Am WS6</a> (silver, A4) - lid, cutout, stage 3 shift kit, 12 bolt, vig 3200, tranny cooler, bmr sfc/stb, torq thrust ii. <b>12.688 @ 106.47mph -=- 1.756 60\'</b>

Comment

I think its that fact that there is more of a load on the engine when the A/C is running. Think about it, when you sit in your car and rev the engine its not as loud or deep as when your accelerating hard on the road. Or maybe I'm just [img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]

[img]graemlins/burnout.gif[/img]
          ~Derrick <a href=\"http://www.appstate.edu/~do54457/\" target=\"_blank\"><i>My Webpage</i></a><br /><b>\'96 3.8L V6 M5 Firebird Y87</b> | <b>162.8 RWHP</b> / <b>196.7 RWTQ</b> <br /><b>•</b> SLP CAI <b>•</b> <a href=\"http://tech.firebirdv6.com/y87.html\" target=\"_blank\"><b>Y87</b> Package</a> - 3.23s <b>•</b> 180º thermo w/ fan switch <b>•</b> TB spacer from DEE<br />1991 Jeep Cherokee Laredo 4x4

Comment

It is most definately true! I was telling my Dad about it today, and proved it to him with his new ravin catback. In fact, I posted about it recently. Here it is:

http://www.camarov6.com/ubb/ultimate...&f=25&t=001180
            <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

Well, I guess my mind isn't playin tricks on me after all. :D

Comment

I wonder if that crack you smoked made the exhaust tone deeper?

;)

Any time you put a load on the engine, the exhaust tone deepens. The compressor does just that. The engine is working harder to acheive the same RPM, thus the deeper tone.

-Brian
                Maroon 1995 Camaro<br />No mods yet...<br />Lucky to have found this site!

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Brian Dieckman:
                  I wonder if that crack you smoked made the exhaust tone deeper?

;)

-Brian
                  <hr></blockquote>

LOL, the only form of drug that's getting smoked will be getting fed to my car...NITROUS

Comment

YUP turned my AC on last week and my car sounded better! I think it is due to the excess load, course i could feel the power loss while its running.

PS- leave my crack pipe out of this!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
                      New Owner!
                      by LETZRIDE
                      I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
                      2 days ago
                    • ssms5411
                      Little work today
                      by ssms5411
                      Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
                      2 weeks ago
                    • LETZRIDE
                      Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
                      by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
                      Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
                      By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
                      Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
                      02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X