3" cat. conv. question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 3" cat. conv. question

How much did you pay for the install of 3" cat with your stock y-pipe or manifold and where you got it installed?

$145 for a 3" in-out catco including labor, done at a local shop.
    <a href=\"http://www.fatninjas.com/camaro\" target=\"_blank\">\'96 Camaro Convertible</a>

Comment

You should check out carsound cats. Great price, flows good too! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] Any muffler shop should be able to install it really...some might give you a hard time, but it generally shouldnt cost more than 60-70 dollars
      This revelation, is the death of ignorance...<br /><a href=\"http://www.quicktimeperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.quicktimeperformance.com</a>

Comment

Thanks Messi4h, I got 3" Magnaflow cat that is made by Carsound. I went to Midas here in Edison, and they didnt want to install my cat cuz it was too big, so i asked them if they could make me 3" to 2 1/2" reducers so i could install it myself, and they didnt want to do it either. I guess I'll search around some more.

Comment

You're going to have to try some nameless non-advertising exhaust shop. I asked a local muffler shop how much he would charge to install a 3" high flow cat, and he quoted me around $225. Just for the cat. He also said I couldn't bring in my own parts, he has to order his own. I simply laughed in his face and drove off.

I'm getting a whole new exhaust system put in, plus a 3" Carsound high flow cat this weekend from a guy who owns his own shop and doesn't advertise. He only works on domestics. Since I've found him, I've gotten everything done to my car from him. Couldn't be more happy! He's charging me $75 for the cat install + entire cat back install.

Now I'm rambling..But I suggest you keep searching. You'll find a better price.

[ October 22, 2003: Message edited by: Camaro_SLP ]</p>
          94 Camaro 3.4 A4 <br />T-Tops<br />In the process of an LS1 swap.

Comment

Actually the reason alot of shops wont install a Cat, is because its against the law. I believe its a 404 its called, where noone asides from a dealer is allowed to touch the cat. Some shops really dont wanna risk it, while others might not care. Not sure about other cats, but Carsound cats come with a slip of paper you fill out and have the shop sign in case something like this should happen to come up.
            This revelation, is the death of ignorance...<br /><a href=\"http://www.quicktimeperformance.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.quicktimeperformance.com</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X