Exhaust- O2 sensor in piping from cat back-WTF? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Exhaust- O2 sensor in piping from cat back-WTF?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Exhaust- O2 sensor in piping from cat back-WTF?

Got my flowmaster today, 80-series muffler with dual pipes and quad tips. The muffler shop I went to said they didnt want to put 3inch piping because the O2 sensor is in the stock piping and they didn't want to mess with it. Has this been a problem for anyone else with a '96 and above?

Thanks,
    Eric
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    2002 Navy Blue Camaro A4, 3800-II V6, K&N filter. Flowmaster exhaust w/dual tips

AIM hdcgamer84
    "Hey guys, check out my crank windows!"
    -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

The same thing happen to me. I have a 98 and when I took it into get the 3in. pipes put on the said they couldn't do it to the cat because of the o2 senser. so they only did it tothe begining of the s pipe.
    40th Ann GTp 4door

Comment

I'm glad I'm not the only one with that problem. Does the 3in pipe really make a difference with a mostly stock V6? Or is the 2.25 fine?

Thanks,
      Eric
      -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
      2002 Navy Blue Camaro A4, 3800-II V6, K&N filter. Flowmaster exhaust w/dual tips

AIM hdcgamer84
      "Hey guys, check out my crank windows!"
      -Eric<br />2002 Navy Blue Camaro...Striped and Stalled. 35th Anniversary SS wheels <br />Best ET: 15.384 @ 88.32 on street tires<br />Project Whitney: Goal, 14.0 1/4 by summer 2008.

Comment

Just tell them to cut the o2 bung out of your pipe and weld it into the new one and your good to go.
        Black 2000 Y87 Camaro with T-tops ,SLP bowtie grill, Suncoast Creations Ram air hood and air box,Hypertech pp3,magnaflow cat back,and hi flow cat. <a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09\" target=\"_blank\">http://members.cardomain.com/sorn09</a>

Comment

do what speed freak said BUT MAKE SURE THEY'RE CAREFUL. One week later I through an SES light because the o2 sensors failed. Had them replaced under GM warranty (just before it expired...35960mi to be exact) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X