header gasket/install Q's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• header gasket/install Q's

ok car is going in shop tomm about 2 and they will have it overnight and finish friday. my questions are as follows:
    1. everyone seems to say the pacesetter gaskets are ok, i need to tell the shop to soak them overnight? also what do they need to be soaked in
    2. mine came with an egr gasket will this be good enough?
    3. i have some pb blaster i am going to be spraying on the header bolts if i can get to them today, and ill let them know about that also
    4. is there anything else i need to be aware of or make them aware of?

The paper gaskets that come with your headers will probably leak. Some people (including myself) have had excellent luck with the metal stock gaskets. ($16 at NAPA)

The EGR gasket that comes with the headers has a tendency to leak as well. I am still having trouble with this...you might want to consider getting an LT1 EGR gasket from the dealer. You'll need to trim it a bit, but it's excellent quality.
    1998 M5 3.8 Mystic Teal Camaro<br />Flowmaster exhaust, Pacesetter headers, 3\" cat, 3\" S-pipe, whisper lid, ram air, Spec Stage 1 clutch, Poly Trans mount, Walbro 255LPH. Numerous appearance mods.<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2130533</a>

Comment

Stock Pacesetter gaskets are great, they should not leak at all. I didn't soak them or anything. Just slap 'em in place and bolt it up.

Originally posted by 98 3.8:
      The paper gaskets that come with your headers will probably leak.
      Frankly, this is one of those myths that people keep repeating because of what others keep repeating. Very few people actually have problems with them.
      Matt
      1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
      Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X