what is best exahust...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is best exahust...

what would be the best exhaust system for a white camaro v6 3.4L...i want it loud but with a rumble..i dont want it to sound like its burning rice...looking to spend around 300$ any ideas or suggestions would be helpful...was kind looking at this but not sure how this would sound....

http://store.summitracing.com/defaul...earchType=Make

Part number for the search engine FLO-17356
    Thanks

Best exhaust system is mostly an opinion. And every system sounds different on different cars.

However if your looking around the $300 mark, you should check out the flowmaster cat back.

EDIT- Yeah, like the one you got a link to.
    1999 Firebird

Comment

lmao on the "burning rice" part. let's see a lot of members in this board are going to tell you to search around and listen to exhaust clips, so dont be surprised. 3.4L's and 3.8L from what i hear sound different so i cant really help you, especially with you only having $300 to spend. Good Luck! im sure more people will help you out tho.

'95 3.8L A4 PGM. & '95 LT1 M6 PGM. :burn:

Comment

I bought a flowmaster last month and like it a lot and paid a little over $300 for it. Performance is just awesome. I notice a differnce in the way it handles and getting better mpg. Only downside is the pipes aren't stainless steel. Magnaflow and Borla are stainless steel and will last longer but will cost more.

Brian

Comment

TSP rumbler, or Edelbrock, both you can get for under 300
          2000 Camaro 3.8l T5<br />whisper lid, free ram air mod

Comment

For the ultimate in cheap get the stock exhaust system off of a V8 F-body. Id will make the car louder and it wont get the dredded ricer rasp. you can also add in a 3" I-Pipe and cutout if you want some real performance for the strip. I did this and it sounds great but i do have a 3.8 not a 3.4 (which does sound different).
            2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Originally posted by T-Punk:
              For the ultimate in cheap get the stock exhaust system off of a V8 F-body. Id will make the car louder and it wont get the dredded ricer rasp. you can also add in a 3" I-Pipe and cutout if you want some real performance for the strip. I did this and it sounds great but i do have a 3.8 not a 3.4 (which does sound different).
              you sure ?

Comment

Its on my car I'm pretty damn sure about what it sounds like. Also the 3.4 with an aftermarket exhaust sounds very different than a 3.8 with and aftermarket exhaust. I have heared both with just about every exhaust option available and they almost always sound noticalbly differenct even if they both have the same exhaust system.
                2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

oooooo my bad man, i thought you said (which doesnt sound different). Disregard my post.

Comment

my stock catback exhaust sounds good and I just bought a cutout off ebay thanks to 1dangerous v6 and shodown so well see how it sounds when I get it installed hopefully a lil louder but not to loud cuz thats why I bought a v6. You can get one for like 25 dollars plus mine came with 2 so if you can hold out I will sell you the extra one that I got for a small price practially free.
                    eric head

Comment

blkbird_2001 is your camaro a v6 3.4 also like mine?

and thanks for all of you all's help i think im going to go with the one i linked above

Comment

Originally posted by Brano11:
                        blkbird_2001 is your camaro a v6 3.4 also like mine?

and thanks for all of you all's help i think im going to go with the one i linked above
                        blkbird_2001 drives a 2001 black firebird.

Comment

ahhok thank you very much! think im going to go with the flowmaster i linked above that seems like a good choice some friends have told me!

Comment

Re: what is best exahust...

Originally posted by T-Punk
                            Could you post an audio clip? I am curious to hear what it sounds like. I am pretty happy with the sound of my stock 3.8 exhaust. I truly hate custom exhaust work. In all of my experiences, I never ever did one car where I was really happy in the end. Either it was too ricy, the pipes stuck out too far, the muffler sagged, etc. I always had the best satisfaction from the genuine GM exhaust for these fbodies.

Comment

Re: what is best exahust...

if it were me, id go with the TSP rumbler.....i kick myself in the a$$ everyday for not getting it. however i have the flowmaster catback and it does sound good. haha im starting to crave something louder now though.... and i have headers and a high flow cat too! haha if anyone reads this and has a rumbler or loudmouth and wants to trade it for a flowmaster catback, get at me!
                              Black 1996 3.8 Firebird T5, SLP CAI, Pacesetter Ceramic Headers,160* t-stat, PCMforLess Tune, Flowmaster American Thunder catback, Car Sounds Cat, custom s-pipe, MSD coils and wires, NGK plugs, 3.42 posi rear, B&M Ripper, 245/50 BFG-G-force's

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X