Z28 I-Pipe Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z28 I-Pipe Install

I just got a used I-pipe, S-pipe, and all of the other piping that comes between the cat and the muffler off of a Z28. The person who took it off of their car cut it into 4 sections. These are going to have to be put back together (welded I assume).

Do you think the exhaust shop is going to charge me an arm and a leg or is this just trivial welding that will only take a few minutes?

I now have a dynomax muffler, the tips, and the pipes from the cat to the muffler. All I need the shop to provide are the two pipes from the muffler to the tips and the needed reducers to make the 2.75 pipe fit the 2.5 inch muffler.

How much is a fair price for the install? I'm just looking for a ballpark figure because I don't want to get ripped off.

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: BigED ]</p>
    2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

well I can say I paid for a Z28 I-pipe right at the shop and he put it on for me for about $130...that was with purchasing the pipe

oh and btw since I had him wedge it into the cat he had to replace the O2 sensor with a bung so it upped the price $40 more.

[ September 10, 2002: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

Was it just one piece? Did he weld it or bolt it to the other parts?
      2002 Navy Blue Metallic 3.8 Camaro M5 - Y87, Sport Appearance, T-Tops<br />SLP CAI, K&N, Whisper Lid, Pro 5.0<br />Dynomax Super Turbo, 2.75 I-Pipe, Fasttoys Quad Tips<br />Kenwood KDC-MP919, Kicker IX405D, Focal Polykevlar 165K2s, JL Audio 10w3-2 Stealthbox

Comment

it was one piece and he welded it to my current dynomax muffler and then he basically opened up my cat and welded it onto it and he replaced the O2 bung.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
          New Owner!
          by LETZRIDE
          I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
          3 days ago
        • ssms5411
          Little work today
          by ssms5411
          Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
          2 weeks ago
        • LETZRIDE
          Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
          by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
          Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
          By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
          Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
          02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X