This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• REV LIMITER

I was just wondering...I hate how the rev limiter on my 97 RS only lets me rev the engine to 4000 RPMs, I just got my new exhaust on and i cant stand not being able to rev it up higher to let people hear it. How hard is it to take the rev limiter off? And how do you do it?
    1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

You can't take a rev limiter off. You can raise it though. That's odd that your car only rev's to 4,000... I'm sure mine can rev up to redline.
    To move the rev limiter up (if I wanted) I could use the HPP3 that I have.
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

yea i duno but i definately cant rev it past 4000 in neutral...some other people I know with other v6 GM's say the same thing.
      1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

Oh in neutral...I dunno how high I've reved in neutral. The only time I've ever brought it up high to show someone was when it was in park. For what you're talking about I dont think the HPP3 would help.

Comment

yea I have a 96 Camaro and when in park I can only rev it 4000 RPM and then the car kind of shakes and makes a back-rap sound. The first time I did it I thought it was bad for the car or something cause it sounded nasty.
          1996 Polo Green Metallic Camaro:<br />SLP CAI, Carsound/Magnaflow 3\" in/out cat, Flowmaster 2.5\" cat-back... sounds great

Comment

In park I can take it all the way up...but I'm not sure about neutral...I'll try it tomorrow when its not 11:30 at night.

Comment

Why would you want to rev that high in neutral anyways? Sounds awful.

[ March 16, 2004, 01:48 AM: Message edited by: 98Camaro3.8 ]
              Matt
              1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
              Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

Ha...yeah I've been wondering why they want to rev that high too. But I'm just wondering if I can...because I've never tried (which makes me wonder why they have...)

Comment

Rev In neutral up to 4000 RPM...
                  Are you driving a 97 RS Civic ;) lol
                  99\' Camaro M5 3.23 LSD<br />-SLP CAI,K&N,Whisper Lid,!MAF Screen<br />-2\'5 Flowmaster Catback <br />-BMR STB<br />-Kumho 712 supra 245/50/16<br /> <a href=\"http://www.camaroV6.fr\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.camaroV6.fr</a>

Comment

moving to general
                    Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
                    "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
                    http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X