O2 Sim & Code Reset Procedure

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• O2 Sim & Code Reset Procedure

I just recieved my o2 Simm to get rid of that nasty SES light caused by my high flow CAT. Just wondering if the code needs to cleared first, or if putign the Simm in will clear it itself? If I have to clear the code first, can it be cleared with my Jet Stage II installed, or do I have to remove that first? I get mixed stories about being able to use a code reader with a "piggy back" installed. (Mybe someone could clear up that theory up for me). Thanks All. Appreciate the help in advance.

It should clear the code by itself. If not, just unhook the battery for a few seconds.
    Matt
    1998 Mystic Teal Camaro M5
    Whisper Lid, Pacesetter Headers, Catco Cat, Dynomax Super Turbo, B&M Shifter, BMR STB, LSD, P&P Intakes, GT2 Cam, Comp OE Lifters, 1.7 Roller Rockers, Pushrods, SSM Heads, DHP PowrTuner.

Comment

That would be a few minutes....and if you don't want to lose presets and stuff....just unhook the PCM fuse from under the hood for 15 min. Any code reader can clear it as well.
      <a href=\"http://www.onid.orst.edu/~waltejam/\" target=\"_blank\">98 Bright Red Camaro</a><br />Too many mods to list....check my website

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X