Making a dynomouth???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Making a dynomouth???

Alright I really like the way the dynomouth setup sounds on the 3.8's and I was wondering since a dynomouth is basically just a cat back with a dynomax bullet in it couldn't I just have a local exhaust place just bend me up an exhaust similar to that of a loudmouth and install a bullet in there. It would cost me a lot less than buying a loudmouth and then installing the bullet. Lemme know what ya think.
    1996 camaro rs- <br />15% tint<br />orange painted calipers<br />10\" kicker l5, 1000 watt hifonics amp, polk componets, panasonic hu.

I think if you have an exhaust shop bend you up an exhaust system they are going to break it off in you without even lubing up first! Last i heard they charge about $1 an inch + $75 per hour labor and i mean labor for mesuring, cutting and bending. Then comes the labor for installin and welding.

Comment

"Last i heard they charge about $1 an inch + $75 per hour labor"

The last exhaust I had done ... went into the shop with the headers installed and two cats and two mufflers in boxes ... they bent, cut and welded everything together on a full 3" true dual, for $100.00 ... I guess I just got a good deal.
      \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

Re: Making a dynomouth???

Originally posted by ma4life
        "Last i heard they charge about $1 an inch + $75 per hour labor"

The last exhaust I had done ... went into the shop with the headers installed and two cats and two mufflers in boxes ... they bent, cut and welded everything together on a full 3" true dual, for $100.00 ... I guess I just got a good deal.
        I hope you brushed your teeth when you where done....

Comment

Originally posted by Ace
          I hope you brushed your teeth when you where done....
          What the hell is that supposed to mean? He was just giving his input, just like you did. FYI- were =/= where
          Black \'94 Trans Am A4- SLP CAI & Loudmouth<br />Red \'93 Firebird A4- Ram Air under the WS6 hood, !cat, exhaust.

Comment

Originally posted by Fbody3400
            What the hell is that supposed to mean? He was just giving his input, just like you did. FYI- were =/= where
            That was my whimsical way of saying he did him a favor to get extensive work done like that for 100$. Either that or im calling BS.

Comment

I got a completely custom made exhaust (except the muffler.. that's borla) for $300, and it was mandrel bent.
              2002 Silver Metallic A4 Firebird - All Options
              Hotchkis STB, Custom Madrel Bent 3" Exhaust, Pacesetter Headers, Whisper Lid, FT Ram Air, K&N Air Filter, D2S HID, Baer Rotors, !EGR, !MAF, 10% tint, Parrot CK3300

Your Mom or My Dad?

Comment

It all depends on where you get it done, and NO, I didn't do them any favors. Call it BS all you want, doesn't matter to me.
                \'97 Firebird 3.8 ... 1/4 mile = 12.50 (minutes)

Comment

Im not calling you guys liers or nothin. But you are getting great deals. All across the nation shops charge $75 an hour. It takes about 5 hours to mock up, bend and weld an exaust. Thats about $375 plus about 8 feet of pipe cost at about $10 a foot thats another $80. Then there is $50 for the muffler and $15 a peice for the t pipe tips. That comes to about $535 and that not even ceramic coated pipes. Im not giveing anyone a hard time im just giving this guy a realistic price. Trust me if you could just drop your car off at the shop and have a catback mockedup and welded in for less than one costs pre made and installed by you in your driveway, everyone would do it and catback kits wouldnt exist.

Comment

OK, summit sells a 3" i-pipe and 3" over axle pipe all mandrel bent for 100 bucks combined. they are labled for an LS1 but ofcourse it fits our cars. also, when looking, they are 2 different part numbers so if you find one, you'll have to find the other. I suggest just calling summit cause its a lot quicker. was for me anyways. i went that way and my exhaust ended up being alot cheaper than a catback. it can very expensive to have a shop make you a custom one but sometimes there always going to be a place who will do it cheap. also, most places dont do madrel bending and thats definatly a must.

stop this bickering weather its entended or not. thank you
                    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X