one thing after another SLP CAI Problem - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

one thing after another SLP CAI Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• one thing after another SLP CAI Problem

i was getting it installed today and the guy said that the piece that connects to the throttel bodi is oval and it is for a v8 i checked the recipt and it said it was for my car has this happened to anybody else or did they just send me the wrong part nothing is going right for this car :mad:
    1997 black camaro A4 2.5\' magnaflow catback, SLP CAI, 180* thermostat, 25% tints, pacesetter headers, fan switch

yes it's oval. Yes it will still fit onto the throttle body -- it just needs to be pinched a bit. I have no idea why SLP did it this way, but it seems to be fine after you tighten down the straps.

It freaked me out too when I saw it.

[ March 13, 2004, 11:45 AM: Message edited by: user1101 ]
    ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

so basically when you clamp it down it will bend and fit into the throttle body
      1997 black camaro A4 2.5\' magnaflow catback, SLP CAI, 180* thermostat, 25% tints, pacesetter headers, fan switch

Comment

almost,

when you clamp it down it will fit around the throttle body. That's probably what you meant though, right?
        ╓<br />║ Matt M<br />║ <a href=\"http://home.austin.rr.com/morrism/3800/sunset_logo2.jpg\" target=\"_blank\">Down with the Sixxness</a> <br />║ Polo Green 1995 3.8 Camaro<br />║ intake, cat, catback, shocks, 3.42\'s, and 12\'s in the trunk<br />╙

Comment

yea thanks for the info [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X