HELP WITH EXHAUST INSTALLATION!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP WITH EXHAUST INSTALLATION!!!

I began to install my magnaflow exhaust on my 1997 3.8L v6 yesterday but i realized in the S-pipe after the cat, there is an Oxygen Sensor. In the new S-pipe that is provided with the system there is no whole in the pipe for the Oxygen Sensor. In the instructions it says for the 1998 and newer models to start installation at the mid-pipe after the S-pipe but mines a 1997. I talked to the people at magnaflow and unbelievably, they had never heard of this problem. Could I start my intallation at the mid-pipe even though I have a 1997??? It looks like it would work fine but i was just wondering if anyone knows?? Also, it is really hard to get those ole rusted bolts out, anyone have any tips??
    1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

if youve got a 2 1/2" magnaflow made for the 3.8 and keeping hte stock cat, then yes, just start after the stock S-pipe. that way you dont have to bother w/ the o2 sensor. if you are replacing the cat with a high flow cat, then you will want to use the new S-pipe they sent you, but take it to a shop and have them weld an o2 sensor bung in for you.... shouldnt cost much.
    oh... and the stock rusty band clamp that was on there.... its a real ***** to get off... at least mine. I used the money i saved from paying for the install to buy a saw-zall and cut the stock exhaust into a bunch of little pieces... made it so much easier.
    \'01 Mineral Grey SVT Cobra<br />-former F-body owner

Comment

Thanx for the help I think I'll just start from the midpipe bac.
      1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

holy s*** i was getting mine installed today and i got a call and the guy said he would have to drill out a threaded hole in the s pipe now its gonna be more money i should tell him not even to bother if you dont have to
        1997 black camaro A4 2.5\' magnaflow catback, SLP CAI, 180* thermostat, 25% tints, pacesetter headers, fan switch

Comment

why the hell do they give you the wrong S-pipe in the 1st place?

Comment

its the right S-pipe, it just doesnt have the O2 sensor bung in it. How much do they really want to charge you to drill a threaded hole? a sensor bung is only a few bucks and they shouldnt charge more than like 10 more to weld it in place.

Im cutting the hole and then taking it to get a bung welded in before I do the install.

Comment

Or you could do without the rear o2 bung, and get an O2 sim or have it tuned out whenever the tuning is available.
              <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.fullthrottlev6.com</a> THE SOURCE!

Comment

Just to let you know I got it on and it sounds good. After i got through the old clamp at the midpipe it really only took about 2 hours to get the old one off and new one on.

Comment

:thumbsup:

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X