got new exhaust cat-back today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• got new exhaust cat-back today

i got my exhaust put on today. the exhaust was an option on an SS--was stickered to give a 10 hp boost. i got the 3" i-pipe and over-axle pipe on today along with the muffler and tips and not only does it look really good, but it also sounds pretty darn good. it's really quiet, but after having the muffler hacked off for a week, quiet is good. not too mention that it probably isn't as quiet when it's going--i am just a little susceptible to saying just about anything is quiet due to the no-muffler situation this past week (btw, don't ask wtf i did that for heh, i just wanted to hear it and see if there was a difference in performance).

anyway, a little low end is gone...but about 3500 rpms in first and i can feel a little boost--same thing for when i didn't have the muffler...could feel a boost around 3.5 k--guess that's where all the non-backpressure starts helping me out and giving me more hp. anyway, thought i'd tell everyone about it.

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

okay evan let me get this straight... you have no muffler and notice no low end loss and a decent gain in low end torque and can spin them all through first. you put the muffler and notice a LOSS in backpressure and therefore notice a loss in low end? [img]tongue.gif[/img]

and its 2.75" :D

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: hawgs ]</p>

Comment

dude, i chopped off my muff b4! laugh
      i could've told you what would happen!
      b4 that i cut a small piece of the pipe right b4 the cat and my SES light came on...no backpressure or anything
      latz
      Raised Air Box, Tbyrne Air box, 8mm wires, platinum plus +4 plugs, <br />deleted maf screen, free ram air mod, free/homemade CAI, SS \"fully-functional\" hood, removed weight shit, 93 octane,etc.<br />all to run a best of 14.85 @ 90.88 mph!

Comment

ok, everyone is misunderstood. ross, you didn't read the rest of my post about the muffler cut off thingy. one thing, i lost a lot of weight wacking the muffler off so that's why my tires spun. the second i put my spare tire and jack back in there to account for the missing weight, no more spinning through the 1st gear.

this is 3" not 2.75" it IS NOT a take-off from a stock SS. GM adds a special exhaust package you can get for the SS which is 3" back and has a different muffler--THAT is why i tell you it is not 2.75"

as far as the difference between no muffler and a muffler--top end as well as bottom end seem to be better with the muffler now on...but without the muffler seemed to be better than the magnaflow i had on from the beginning. just to clear things up...

Comment

actually, i think it is 2.75" now that i look at it. well, i was told it was 3"

oh well

[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>

Comment

Evan.

It is 3".

It IS the dual/dual system from SLP.

The two outlet pipes that lead to the tips are 2.5

The I-Pipe and over axle pipe ARE 3"

Here is your system:
            http://www.slponline.com/view_produc...RTNUMBER=31029

[ September 06, 2002: Message edited by: Cale ]</p>
            2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

• LETZRIDE
              New Owner!
              by LETZRIDE
              I am happy to announce that I have sold the site to Robert (FirebirdGT). Years ago this site went down when TealV6 had it, I bought it, refreshed it,...
              4 days ago
            • ssms5411
              Little work today
              by ssms5411
              Went ahead and moved my starter wire from the back, to the front again since it had no effect on my drain on the battery. Also made me nervous driving...
              2 weeks ago
            • LETZRIDE
              Tom Henry RS Pt 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff
              by LETZRIDE

Building the Tom Henry RS
              Part 4: Suspension Mods, Tires, Wheels, Headers and other Cool Stuff.
              By: Hib Halverson

At the end of Part Three, we changed the valvetrain of the 3.8-liter V6 in the Tom Henry RS. We installed new, Yella Terra "Ultralite" 1.8:1, aluminum roller rocker arms, Katech valve springs and Katech titanium retainers on our 3800 Series II V6.
              Ultralites are nearly 25% lighter than the stock 1.6 rockers and 8% lighter than the SLP aluminum...
              02-07-2020, 10:30 PM

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X