I GOT RID OF THE DYNOMAX!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I GOT RID OF THE DYNOMAX!!

I never thought i would be saying this but i got a Ravin Z55 in place of the dynomax. Man what a difference! I am very impressed with it. No more hondaish sound when reved or going at it at full throttle. I will post sound clips up shortly. This is one awesome muffler!! [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: toast ]</p>
    2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

So now the word is that Dynomax sounds like Honda?

You're probably the first Dynomax owner I've ever heard say that.

EDIT: Yeah, getting clips would be really helpful. We'll get to hear two different mufflers on the same car for once.

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: HAZ-Matt ]</p>
    Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by HAZ-Matt:
      So now the word is that Dynomax sounds like Honda?

You're probably the first Dynomax owner I've ever heard say that.

EDIT: Yeah, getting clips would be really helpful. We'll get to hear two different mufflers on the same car for once.

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: HAZ-Matt ]
      <hr></blockquote>

After the muffler burned in i was not happy with the sound at all. I wanted more of a throaty tone and not a steady tone that i got with the dynomax. The ravin diffentally has the throaty sound i was looking for. I can't wait till it breaks in.
      :eek: :D

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: toast ]</p>
      2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

The dynomax is a good muffler but is pretty quiet. I've had mine now for about 20k. What john (toast) means when he says hondaish. When you rev it up in the higher rpms it has a riciness/raspi sound. It doesn't have that growl throughout the rpm range. Which kinda sounds like an asscan almost. Hence why he said it sounded like a honda. Im going to hear his ravin tomorrow so you'll have my word on it too.

Comment

i think i'll have to come by hooters too and hear that sucker. i've only heard good things about the ravin.
          \'96 <b>Quasar Blue</b> Firebird A4<br /><a href=\"http://jamiethekiller@comcast.net\" target=\"_blank\"><i>jamiethekiller@comcast.net</i></a><br /><a href=\"http://www.woodlandrock.com\" target=\"_blank\">my band: woodland</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
            When you rev it up in the higher rpms it has a riciness/raspi sound.<hr></blockquote>
            That's opposite of what every dynomax owner has said on this board previously...that was my point.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Which kinda sounds like an asscan almost. <hr></blockquote>

So what I want to know is do you think yours sounds like an, as you put it, "asscan" too?
            Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

my dynomax sucks also..but ive spent enough money on exhaust so i can live with the dynomax

im no longer happy with the dynomax but im not unsatisfied enough to buy a new muffler

Comment

First, he like it. Then, he don't.
                <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

well I still like mine, I wish it were louder tho(and would switch if I could find a better muffler)

Also I have a nice rattle under the car where the pipe is hitting the body somehwere so it REALLY sounds like a TIN CAN at certain RPMs (usually under 1500). But it's by no means, the fault of the muffler [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

I just got a 2002 RS M5. The RS came with a special SLP muffler with the Z28 tips. I dont know which SLP muffler it is, but it sounds better than the Flowmaster I had on the old 94 camaro that I traded, and better than my friends Dynomax. I did a drive by and they said it has more rumble than both and that was at high RPM, and its not even burned in yet. I'd say go with that, I'm very happy with it, it keeps the rumble through all RPM's and actually gets better after 4k, thats when it really gets throaty. Thats how it should be.
                    2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

My Dad has a Ravin catback on his truck. I really like it. Overall, I'm still happy with my dynomax. Never was a fan of it when it was cold, but it still sounds okay even then. Never heard any type of rice-like buzzing unless it was well over 5500rpm. I get a little popping when car is under no load (park) and I rev, and the exhaust is cold. Never get the tin can sound. I absolutely love the sound under full throttle. Sounds like a small block v8, 305 or something like that. Reminds me of a clip I heard of a Borla exhaust on our cars under full throttle. I've had tons of compliments. Still a good choice.

Good luck with the Ravin. Flowmaster lovers, much respect to you also.
                      <b>1998 Firebird 3800 Series II, A4</b><br />Direct-Flo Lid,K&N Filter,DEE TB Spacer,TPS-TEC,ZZP Mini-AFC,Raised and Cutout Airbox 7mm,BMR STB & Boxed LCAs,KYB AGX Shocks,Drilled/Slotted Rotors,180* Thermo,2.5\" Catco Cat,Dynomax 2.75\" custom catback,Kumho Ecstas/245,Jet Stage 2,3.42,Edge Racing 2870 Stall,B&M Tranny Cooler,B&M Deep Tranny Pan,LSD,AAM Girdle,1LE DS,NX Wet Kit,MSD DIS-4,MSD Blaster Coil Packs,Taylor Spiro Pro 8mm Wires,NGK TR6\'S gapped .045,ZZP UD WP Pulley,SLP Fan Switch,TT II\'s<br />N/A: 15.6342 @ 88.44 (On stock converter. Strugglin\' to beat it.)<br />Nitrous 50 Shot: 14.7463 @ 93.49

Comment

I have been saying Ravin for months, there is no comparison, the only thing that sounds close is the SS take off. I know everyone has their own preferences, but I spent almost 9 months listening to every V6 exhaust I could find, nothing even came close to the Ravin over the entire RPM range. Toast, wait till it burns in a little, you will love it more and more. I know I am.
                        97 Silver Bird<br />3.8 M5 Bone Stock Engine<br />15.528 @ 88.96 bone stock<br /><a href=\"http://www.fbodyenhancements.com/\" target=\"_blank\">www.fbodyenhancements.com/</a>

Comment

Jack, we're gonna have to meet up one day so I can hear your exhaust.
                          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Ted:
                            When you rev it up in the higher rpms it has a riciness/raspi sound.<hr></blockquote>

Funny, mine doesn't... and I switched from a Flowmaster.

What else do you have done to the intake and exhaust besides just the muffler? Anything?
                            -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Great...now I'm split between Ravin and Spintech.

Anyone hear both of them?

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X