possible gains from CIA headers, 3" cat, and cutout combo - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

possible gains from CIA headers, 3" cat, and cutout combo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• possible gains from CIA headers, 3" cat, and cutout combo

I'm coming up on 50,000 miles, and am looking forward to getting cia headers and a 3" carsound cat soon. I also am looking into getting a 3" cutout to go right BEFORE the cat. I'm thinking the flowtech cut-out and QTEC electronic controler for it. looking at the custom auto y-pipe that CIA makes to go with the headers, do u guys think that the cut-otu will fit between it and the cat. w/o modification? also, with the cut-out open, what do u guys think I will gain rwhp and rwtq from the headers and cut-out, based on my mods now?
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

With headers, y pipe and cutout... I say you gain about 15rwhp/10rwtq
    1996 CamaroRS <br />15.5 @ 86<br />Sold<br /><br />2000 Z28 Convertible 3700lbs<br />Lid, Cutout, yank 3600 Stall, built trans, snall cam, NX Wet kit.<br />11.3 @ 118<br />Best 60\' is 1.58<br />497 RWHP 475 RWTQ

Comment

I think the cutout might get him close to 20 with the headers....you'll just have to see though.
      Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

you would lose low end torque though.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

Not worried about low end, I have a 300 stall TC in my car. My usable powerband will be above 3000 rpm when racing w/ the cut-out open. normal driving, i doubt I could stand an open cut-out open all the time, which is why I'm looking at having a QTEC installed on the cut-out for a quick switch.
          2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />More mods than I\'m allowed to list!

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X