BIG PROBLEMS WITH TB SPACER GUYS--HELP!!!!!! - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIG PROBLEMS WITH TB SPACER GUYS--HELP!!!!!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIG PROBLEMS WITH TB SPACER GUYS--HELP!!!!!!

I'm having some major issues with that spacer. First, I put the thing on and reconnected all lines and everything then cranked the car. My cai was not making the sucking in noise it usually does, the MAF was hissing, and there was a very abrupt sounding clanking noise (don't know about this one). Well, my car was idling incredibly rough and spitting out grey colored exhaust in random spurts. I'm guessing the car is getting no air. We found out the hissing was that we forgotten to tighten 2 of the 3 bolts on the MAF. THEN when we tried to tighten the third one, we found out that somewhere on it is stripped and have no way to get it in or out. So we gave the other bolt a tightening then turned the car back on. The hissing had gone away a considerable bit (I'm guessing this was a noise coming from a small antifreeze leakage cause the MAF wasn't completely secure). But I don't know why my car is running so rich--I don't understand why it wouldn't be getting any air UNLESS this is happening: inside the MAF there is like a black block-off like plate--well, when we first noticed the plate, it was closed down and my roommate asks "is that supposed to open up when air hits it? And I said "I guess" but now I am starting to think that MAYBE this thing closed and it's supposed to be open...don't know. Any suggestions? I'm incredibly worried about the car right now and didn't want to run it for long...and I don't know what the clunk noise is--I'm guessing that it is sucking air into the TB through the small gap in the MAF--or maybe it is sucking up the antifreeze that the MAF is leaking? HELP!!!

[ September 04, 2002: Message edited by: Only4U ]</p>
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

plz someone help me, i think my car is dead. there is antifreeze in the slp cai and there is antifreeze dripping out of the MAF screen...
    2000 NBM M6 Camaro Z28<br />323/335

Comment

That's just the Throttle Boby Spacer you need to replace. I was toying with my TB a few months back and I cracked my stock gasket, started the car and got antifreeze all over the MAF Screen and Air Intake Assembly. Call a GM Dealer and get yourself another Gasket ASAP. Don't keep running your car with it sucking in antifreeze.

Marc
      sigpic

Comment

Just found the old TB Gasket in my basement. The GM part number for the 1996 3.8 is 24503432. It's a cheap part (about $5.00) but I had to wait for 4 days for it to come in. I'm not sure what your spacer looks like, but you may want to order two gaskets.

Marc
        sigpic

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by hockeyman:
          That's just the Throttle Boby Spacer you need to replace.
          Marc
          <hr></blockquote>

FYI, 2 new gaskets are included with every spacer.

DEE
          1997 GTP(13.3@104)-Sold<br />1999 Trans Am M6

Comment

Only4u's put it up for sale. So I'm going to bring out toto.

Yeah, it helps if you clean the mating surfaces for the gaskets real well. And you can't reuse the gasket that is already on there.

[ September 05, 2002: Message edited by: Seppo Kaitainen ]</p>
            Keith - 99 'maro - White M5 - bumpstick and boltons - 13.65 @ 101 N/A
            "I ain't too big to listen to the rumors, I'm just too @#$% big to pay attention to them" - Dr. Dre
            http://seppo.hopto.org/

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X