What do I need to do to make a WS6 muffiler fit my Camaro? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do I need to do to make a WS6 muffiler fit my Camaro?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do I need to do to make a WS6 muffiler fit my Camaro?

I met a WS6 owner and we got talking, his car was totaly georgious, it was black with chrome wheels and a drop top with black leather, H shifter, white gauges, intake, and last, a borla exhaust.
    We got talking and he thought I had a Z28 for a while till I told him it was a v6, anyway, he offered me his stock muffiler for $100, he said it only had about a 1,000 miles on it before he took it off.
    My camaro has the stock single outlet one, he disconeted his muffiler from the cat so it is all one piece, I was thinking of geting both cut off a little after the cat and geting a splicer to make up for the fact that the WS6 one is a larger diamater.
    I am also thinking this one would sit alittle lower on the car since the Camaro's dont have all the rear flasking that the firebirds have, also what will my back pressure be like, I dont want to loose too much pressure, will this work?

What do you guys think it will sound like too?
    I am going to look into seeing if I can beg my mechanic to put this on for me, anything elts I should be thinking about?
    ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

you dont have to do anything special to make it fit just take it to a muffler shop and tell them to put it on for you and they will take care of everything. i have a WS6 muffler as well i like the way it sounds, its quiet compared to most other mufflers. i got the muffler for free and i think i paid like 20 bucks to have it put on. no worries about backpressure or lack there of.

Comment

tell that guy you will give him at most 40 bucks for just the muffler...if its the entire catback than 100 is a decent deal

Comment

I got someone to put it on for me, possibly next week I will get around to picking it up or so.

Cant wate, ever since I picked up this car I knew I wanted a exhaust for is.
        ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X