82-92 exhaust on a 2000

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 82-92 exhaust on a 2000

I was looking on ebay for a flowmaster 80 series muffler and i came across this ...all i really wanna do right now is change the muffler, not the whole exhaust, so i thought this was a good deal...just wondering if this would still bolt directly onto my 2000 v6 even though it says its for a 82-92 camaro?
    2000 v6 a4 Camaro

it will weld up since its just the muffler but dang, the pipes arent mandrel bent and the tips arent polished. i wouldnt buy that, get just the muffler on another auction or site and get some good pipes on it with some nice looking tips
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

What is mandrel bent?

Comment

if you look at the ebay pic, you can see where the pipe curves and wrinkles on the inside.......mandrel bent pipe is a pipe that curves with a smooth inside.

Comment

but does the mandrel bent pipe really make a difference after the muffler??
          2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

not really but the wrinkles look butt ugly [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

i wont have a problem with the length or anything of the tailpipes on here? Yea, im really not worried about this part not being mandrel bent, i just really wanna make sure it will be a simple thing to put on for my friends dad, i dont want him to have to mess with the rest of my piping and whatnot if he doesnt have to.
              2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by BLLDOGG:
                not really but the wrinkles look butt ugly [img]tongue.gif[/img]
                Ribbed for its pleasure :D

Comment

Um, If you plan to buy just a muffler for say...80 bucks or so...have it shipped, then taken to a muffler shop to have it welded in...it might cost you close to 200 bucks to finish just that muffler replacement. If you wait a couple of paychecks and save a little more you can buy an aftermarket cat back designed for your V6. It will be slighly bigger...2.5 Inch, mandrel bent, stainless steel (if magnaflow) will come with hangers welded in correct spot on muffler pipe section and drivers side tail pipe section to mount right up with your stock chassis hanger mounts, will come with nice muffler and two tail pipes, all the clamps you will need. VERY EASY to do yourself. The V6 catbacks start from after the stock welded S pipe...at a section of the stock I pipe that is CLAMPED from the factory. we are talking real easy, real nice systems for 350 bucks tax free with free shipping.
                  YOu will get madrel bent tail pipes as well. Polished stainless steel (and mirror finished muffler as well) in the case of magnaflow systems. Edelbrock v6 catback is supposed to sound real good. Flowmster makes v6 catback as well.
                  (I say this because if you are going to pay to have that muffler from differnet year welded into yor system...you muffle guy will probably have to weld different hangers, etc., in order to make it fit with will bump up the price of the whole project.
                  good luck either way. g
                  01 Firebird A4 3.42
                  Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                  and other mods
                  Visit Project Unleashed for guides and info.

Comment

I just looked again at that muffler you posted. That will not be a bolt on. different car frame...diferent hanger positions, wrong muffler inlet size (stock is 2.25) you will have to use a converter from 2.25 exhaust pipe to 2.5 to mate with muffler...or have it welded to fill the gaps. (extra shop time...or extra parts and clamps = mo money/mo hassles) AND...those tail pipes are 'turned down' to fit the gen 3 camaro/firebird...the width between the to tail pipes might not even be close to stock 4th gen chansis nor the length of the tail pipes. Seriously...when you bring that in to a shop they will probably have to make new tail pipe sections in order to make it all fit. I think you may be opiening a pandora's box of extra shop time and hassles buy trying to use a 3rd gen muffler/tail pipes on 4th gen car.
                    ($350 for new catback vs. $77 for older style muffler sounds a bit expensive at first until you figure in the hassels and extra money it will cost to mount that sucker up.) And you will still just have 2.25 mid pipe...and anything your basic muffler shop will make will be non mandrell bent...big reduction in ID through bends... BIG reduction.
                    01 Firebird A4 3.42
                    Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                    and other mods

Comment

alright well i'll just find something different, but anyways, im getting it installed for free, so installation cost is no issue...Im putting in power door locks and trunk and remote starter on my friends cavi, and in turn his dad is installing this for me.
                      2000 v6 a4 Camaro

Comment

cool
                        01 Firebird A4 3.42
                        Powerdyne @ 6 PSI
                        and other mods

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
                          Um, If you plan to buy just a muffler for say...80 bucks or so...have it shipped, then taken to a muffler shop to have it welded in...it might cost you close to 200 bucks to finish just that muffler replacement. If you wait a couple of paychecks and save a little more you can buy an aftermarket cat back designed for your V6. It will be slighly bigger...2.5 Inch, mandrel bent, stainless steel (if magnaflow) will come with hangers welded in correct spot on muffler pipe section and drivers side tail pipe section to mount right up with your stock chassis hanger mounts, will come with nice muffler and two tail pipes, all the clamps you will need. VERY EASY to do yourself. The V6 catbacks start from after the stock welded S pipe...at a section of the stock I pipe that is CLAMPED from the factory. we are talking real easy, real nice systems for 350 bucks tax free with free shipping.
                          YOu will get madrel bent tail pipes as well. Polished stainless steel (and mirror finished muffler as well) in the case of magnaflow systems. Edelbrock v6 catback is supposed to sound real good. Flowmster makes v6 catback as well.
                          (I say this because if you are going to pay to have that muffler from differnet year welded into yor system...you muffle guy will probably have to weld different hangers, etc., in order to make it fit with will bump up the price of the whole project.
                          good luck either way. g
                          seem to know about magnaflow... i am getting one, and am wondering how will the 2.5 or 3'' bolt up into a 2.25?

Comment

Originally posted by grayman:
                            we are talking real easy, real nice systems for 350 bucks tax free with free shipping.
                            Where can you get a cat-back system with free shipping? thanks
                            \'98 3.8L m5<br /><br />whisper lid<br />SLP CAI <br />lsd <br />3.73 gears <br />Flowmaster American Thunder catback exhaust

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X