Anyone with a Flow Master exhaust please enter>> - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone with a Flow Master exhaust please enter>>

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Chrisz24:
    ...How different will the 40 series sound? will it be more wound up? A ricery sound?<hr></blockquote>

Well, there is NOT a dual-outlet 40 Series muffler made to fit our cars (that is, to sit in a crossflow position).

As per my previous post^, I would recommend just going with the 80 Series if in fact you want to buy a Flowmaster.
    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

i just had a delta series Muffler put on mine Tuesday..... sweet, great mellow sound throughout the RPM band [img]smile.gif[/img]
      <a href=\"http://www.velocitysix.com/\" target=\"_blank\">Velocity Six Car Club</a><p>1999 Pontiac Firebird A4<br />15.384@87.13mph

Comment

Chrisz24. Seems like you are doing some good investigation before going out and just buying a new exhaust. Many of the muffler manufacturers have a phone number to call if you have any technical questions. Call Flowmaster, or any performance muffler manufacturer, and give them your car specs. and any modifications you want to do later and see what they recommend.

About 6 years ago I called and they recommended the 40 Series muffler for a V6. They also recomended....and get this....... a single outlet over a dual. Why? Because as the exhaust gases leave the i pipe and go into the larger muffler area they cool off and slow down. The single outlet helps pull the gasses out.

Their tech. told me the single outlet has about a 1 hp advantage over the dual. Hey... dont get mad at me.....that is what the "experts" told me. Just call and talk to them yourself. It may cost some money for the call but it will give you peace of mind.

Almost forgot...I have the 40 series with single exhaust and a resonated tip. Sounds great...love it....has 70,000 miles on the muffler and no rust through.

Talking about mufflers makes me tired.I am exhausted. Get it!...mufflers!...exhausted!

Sorry, I will try to control myself.
        Hope it helps

[ February 15, 2002: Message edited by: Dr Todd ]</p>
        Dr Todd

Comment

I didn't both reading all those replies, but I have some files. I don't know what your status is on the muffler, but here are mine anyways..
          Download all the _____.mpg files.

Clicky
          <b>« Red <i><a href=\"http://sandman.v8tec.com\" target=\"_blank\">Firebird</a></i> »</b>

Comment

I've had my Flowmaster 80 Series on my Camaro for over 10 months. It just gets better and better. People constantly come up to me giving me compliments thinking it's a Z28. Some people like Dynomax, but it isn't as loud or deep, plus Flowmaster is a better brand. The Flowmaster will be high pitched at high rpm AT FIRST, but give it time to burn and you won't regret buying it.
            2003 Nissan 350Z Touring Coupe, Daytona Blue, Frost leather interior, navigation, 18 inch wheels, M6, fully loaded, intake, crank pulley.<br /><br />Previous cars:<br />1991 Mustang (347)<br />2002 RS Camaro<br />1985 IROC-Z (305)<br />1994 Camaro convertible V6

Comment

Haz-Matt,

My mistake man! LOL, sorry i just love to tell people when they are wrong, because it happens so often to me that i dish it back out. :D
              Water under the bridge i hope?

[img]graemlins/fluffy.gif[/img]
              Scott

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Scott Black:
                Haz-Matt,

My mistake man! LOL, sorry i just love to tell people when they are wrong, because it happens so often to me that i dish it back out. :D
                Water under the bridge i hope?
                Scott
                <hr></blockquote>

No problem... I guess Valentine's Day had affected me adversely [img]smile.gif[/img]
                Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

Dood, same here! It was like the best and worst of Valentine's days. Oh well........

Scott

Comment

If i were you I wouldn't go with the flowmaster at all I did a lot of searching around here and found that most said it sounds great till bout 4,000 rpm then it sounds like a ricer. I would go with the dynomax super turbo, it only costs like 50 bucks and it sounds great. ask shortdog23 bout his, he had a flowmaster and switched to the dynomax. and he said that he loves it. I got the dynomax, and it sounds deep and powerfull all the way up to 6,000. I think he said that they both sounded bout the same, its just the dynomax didn't rice up at the higher rpm.

Just a thought
                    1997 Firebird Convertable White, with custom Purple pin striping and custom Purple detailing!!!<br />Y87 Performance Package W68 Apperance Package<br />Boydes, aluminum rims 16\" BMR STB <br />SLP Cold Air Intake 3\"hiflow cat 3\" dynomax custom catback, 2.5\" Flowmaster 80. Slp Take off Shocks, Springs And Struts. Transgo shift kit with corvette servo!<br />Sony Explode CD Player Kicker Comp VR 12, and Explode 760Watt amp!!!<br />5% Tint on the side windows, Correction officially 2% on the side windows, or at least that is what the highpo said and 15% on my rear window<br />Yup Purdy Car!!

Comment

Well, I am off monday, I am going to ask a friend of mine what he thinks, he has had many old muscle cars and presently has a 57 chevy and just sold a 71 Road Runner, well anyway he has conections with a exhaust shop and did the one for my Z24 last year so I am going to see what he can make me.
                      Thanks all, if he doesent have any better idea's then I am going to just get the 80 series in the summer (when I have money)
                      ~chris~ 98 Cayenne red Camaro 3800 A4, 3:08, T tops Borla cat-back, wisper lid K&N, Bilstine shocks, Dunlops all around. <br />AOL IM: chevyboyz24

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X