Icing the intake...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Icing the intake...

hey, wonderin' if putting bags of ice around the intake arm on my SLP CAI would help in performance.

Heard from a few friends it helps bring in colder air...is it worth the effort?

Ice it down before you race, not while racing, and it takes a while to chill off.
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Also spray a fire extinguisher underneath your car before you race. That's a good little trick that helps.
      <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

sounds ricey to me
        2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

icing down my intake made no difference on my times.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by knowledgefreak:
            icing down my intake made no difference on my times.<hr></blockquote>

Depends on the night here, its been 90degrees here, which it helped, I don't think it has much effect in 60 degree temp or colder, but when its hot and humid here it helps alot.

Besides it works out great my girlfriends automatic icemaker leaks and freezes all the ice together, needs to be emptied every 2 weeks anyways. [img]smile.gif[/img]

The fire extinguisher thing would work if its a CO2 one. I wouldne't reccomend that though.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X