I might be losing my cat.... So what're my options? - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I might be losing my cat.... So what're my options?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I might be losing my cat.... So what're my options?

Symptoms are...

- Car will not downshift to climb hills unless I give half gas or more, even if I'm on the freeway doing 70 MPH I'll just end up at 55 even if I give it some slight accelleration...

- Car feels like it should be going faster for the amount of gas I'm giving it... No SES at all but it feels like I'm going a heck of alot slower than I should be for the amount of gas. IE... Giving it half gas actually feels like I'm only giving it 1/4 gas... ect..ect and the RPMS react as such... I can still get pretty decent full throttle but when cruising at higher speeds (75 MPH +) it feels like it just doesn't want to hold on to those speeds unless I just give it a good chunk of gas...

So here's my question... How much is a normal Cat and how much is a High Flow Cat that I can mount onto my stock Exhaust without an SES?...

I liked my RS Exhaust tone so I was thinking this as an option for more HP...

Basicly,
    High Flow Cat
    3" Pipe
    Stock Muffler
    3" Outlet + Tips

Will that keep or make my RS tone louder and give me more power? or should I just try to find a better Cat Back?
    1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

im thinkin cutout, highflow cat, stock muffler [img]smile.gif[/img] or hell just cut off the muffler its really not that loud hehe.
    00 GTP<br />98 Camaro v6<br />See, told ya I\'d be rockin another 4th gen :D<br />V6 & V8 tuning available at <a href=\"http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/\" target=\"_blank\">http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/</a>

Comment

just take the cat off and get a o2 sim, much cheaper, thats what imdoin in the near future
      1996 Pontiac Firebird<br />Flowmaster Exhaust, Custom Cold Air Intake, 3.42 gears with LSD

Comment

Originally posted by My3birds:
        just take the cat off and get a o2 sim, much cheaper, thats what imdoin in the near future
        I know close to nothing about exhaust...

Wouldn't they beable to detect that when I take my emmissions?

I was curious, If I had 3" Inlet to Muffler and Outlet from Muffler pipes with the stock muffler, would I see any gains? or do I just need to say F it and get a real catback?
        1997 Camaro RS W/T-Tops<br />All Stock / 200 HP

Comment

Do you have to do emmision test in Atlanta? I don't do it in Savannah! Are you talking about 3" pipes from the cat to the muffler? If that is, all you doing is making your own catback. Your Y pipe is allready a 3" pipe to the cat (or is 2.75? someone please correct me).So if you do it like that yes you'll see some difference. Just get a high flow cat and a catback, is not too espensive.
          ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

it that a reasoable answer for those syptoms.? my car has a similar problem. it has 62000 miles, that cat is like crap i swear its going down. i want to replace it with a regular one or a cat co. can anyone tell me a great site to pick one up? thanks fellas.
            Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

Right here!
              www.summitracing.com
              ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

do u know a part number?
                Heady Navy Blue Metalic<br />Heady Catback Flowmasters<br />Heady Bilstien HDs, PAnhard rod, LCAs,SFCs<br />NGK\'s and MSD Wires, K&N flowin + Smooth Bellow<br />Y87 3800 GT Performance.<br />I love the way this car makes turns!<br /><br />1989 black Camoaro RS. R.I.P.

Comment

ok!
                  CATCO = CTO-2907
                  DYNATECH = DTC-79-400300
                  DYNOMAX = WLK-1547
                  ~S87 Black 99 Firebird~

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X