Stupid Idea

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid Idea

This is probably a very stupid idea, but I think too much, and have no money. Has anyone every tried putting a vacuum cleaner motor in their intake and sealed it up good(and powered it of course)? I think it might have at least a mild ram air effect. Whats the worst that could happen if it was tried? I have this.. uh... friend who is willing to give it a shot. At least you could put a "Powered by Hoover" sticker on your car. I think it would have to be a strong vacuum, but it sounds like it might be cool.
    1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
    1997 Dodge Viper GTS

If you really wanted to be a genius, try rigging the air conditioner to put cooler air into the engine during the summer, or, surroind the entire intake tract with a sleeve filled with freeon. That will give you a real "cold air intake"!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img]
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

Ya, you go do that, and I'll laugh when a piece of the vacuum gets sucked into the engine. What's the worst that could happen? Oh ya, you could screw up your engine bad, but go for it, just not on my car. :D I guarantee it won't do what you want anyway. It's the same idea as the e-ram supercharger. I think it gives out like 1 or 2 psi tops. Not worth the time or effort.

Comment

You mean nobody has tried it? I just thought it would be plenty-o-funny. Its still not as dumb as the TurbonatorI brought this up before, but its still stupid. I just can't stop laughing at the guy who says he honestly felt a 20HP Gain. hehehe
        1997 Chevrolet Camaro v6 - 13.8@104MPH
        1997 Dodge Viper GTS

Comment

Moving to General Tech.
          Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

They make one for our cars (well the 3.8's at least) and they say it gives a way bigger gain than any K&N type intake... oh yeah it costs about twice as much as a normal intake though... check it out...

http://roarinc.com/ you wanna look at the products...
            <b>Sean: 1994 Camaro daily driver</b>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X