Camaro SS exhaust question: need advice - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camaro SS exhaust question: need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Camaro SS exhaust question: need advice

I found a guy on ls1.com who is selling his camaro ss cat back exhaust for $100. Is this a good deal? should I take it? He said that the I pipe will be cut in half in order to make shipping easier. Will this cause a problem when i want to get this installed? will it cost me more money than if it was together? What do you guys think should i take it or pass it up?
    Thanks for the help.
    Free Ram Air Mod<br />2001 m5 v6

Don't buy it!!! You would be much better off by getting a 2.5 in. racing cut off and have it installed. This thing goes on after the cat. converter and makes a world of differencve if you haven't done any other exhaust mods to your car. Besides, it is only about 60 bucks installed. The ls1.com guy wants 100, and that doesn't include shipping and installation.
    2001 Arctic White Firebird<br />T-Tops, 3.42 rear gear stock<br />Mods:K&N Air Filter,Whisper Air Induction Lid, maf screen removed, raised air box, Kumho Ecsta 712 255-50-ZR16 tires, BMR stb<br />Mods not installed yet: FTRA, SLP Lsd/Differential cover<br />Near Future Mods: HPP3, GMMG 3\" Exhaust , 1LE Swaybars, Transgo Shift Kit, MSD-DIS-4 w/ Accel Coil-Packs, Turquoise Blue Neon Underbody Kit, BMR Adj. LCA\'s, G2 Sfc\'s & V-braces, Pacesetter headers

Comment

On the contrary, I think $100 for the whole exhaust is a pretty good price. Ya, shipping will be a pita, but you get dual exhaust, bigger I-pipe, and a better exhaust then what you've already got. Your 2.5 i-pipe will not look as good as the dual exhaust.

Comment

get something made for the v6 i gaurantee you will not like the sound
        2001 SOM Camaro SS<p>Direct flo lid---Lakewood LCAs----Edelbrock Torque Arm-----Lous Short Stick---Dynomouth 3\" Exhaust---SLP Center Mount Exhaust---Poly tranny and torque arm mounts.<p>My site....http://community.webshots.com/album/49413018hRfdbP

Comment

1) I have a $600 optional SS exhaust on my '02 3.8L. I got it off my mom's 00 SS whenever she got her loudmouth. I have nothing but good things to say about it. Nice power gain and absolutely love the sound. The noise in the internior is nothing over a small low grumble and the rev through the RPM range never gets high pitched. Absoloutely no detection of "rice" whatsoever, at any RPM. Not only all of the above, but it's most likely stainless steel as well (if it's off an SS).

If I had to do it over again I wouldn't think of twice of equipping this exhaust "not meant for the V6".
          2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
          Working...
          X