Cat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cat

Look I'm LAZY so just humor me with some responses instead of telling me to search.

I'm pretty sure my cat is toasted (e.g. causing a nasty rattle inside of it). Should I...

a) get a hi-flo cat (where/how much)
    b) no cat (any SES probs? O2 sims deal?)
    c) gut current cat (same as B)

edit: I wasn't looking forward to this because I'm not looking to mod the car anymore but hey I can't deal with a nasty rattle like that.

[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Get a catco man. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
    2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by toast:
      Get a catco man. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Agreed. I would go with a HF catco.

-Justin
      2001 Camaro Z28 (A4) Sunset Orange Metallic w/ T-tops, Monsoon Stereo, factory GFX, BMR STB from the v6, 18K miles<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jhkcam22\" target=\"_blank\">2001 Camaro Z28</a><br /><br />Dads car: 2002 35th aniv. Bright red Z28, fully loaded<br /><br />R.I.P.<br />1995 3.4L Camaro (A4) Bright Red<br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/jhkcam\" target=\"_blank\">1995 3.4 Camaro</a>

Comment

link me

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:
          link me<hr></blockquote>

Catco Cat at Summit Racing
          2004 Dodge Dakota 3.7 litres of raw power!!<br />Nothing but a 6!<br />Do you know for sure? John 3:18

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by toast:

Catco Cat at Summit Racing
            <hr></blockquote>

thanks for the link. One question tho...

I have a 3" outlet right now on my stock cat (call it a port/polished cat if you want [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img] ) so I can fit the hi flow on that end. However the inlet end, does that fit on the stock piping?

Comment

Do you have the custom S pipe connected to your 2.75" I pipe? If not, jegs sells 3" U bend pipes for 20 bucks that can easily be made for the S pipe. Also, auctionworks has catco cats for under 40 bucks, cheaper than summit.
              <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
                Do you have the custom S pipe connected to your 2.75" I pipe? <hr></blockquote>

I bought the take-off Z28 pipe which basically has everything together as one long pipe. It has a 3" opening going into the cat and a 2.5" outlet for the Flowmaster muffler. So assuming I have this setup, with stock headers, stock y pipe, what cat do I get? I'd hate to buy the wrong one and then go like this :mad: ! [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ March 27, 2003: Message edited by: 99Camaro99 ]</p>

Comment

Now that this emissions crap is over with I'm just gonna get rid of the cat completely, dunno about throwing codes though.
                  -Chad<br /><a href=\"http://members.cardomain.com/chiknz\" target=\"_blank\">2001 3.8L A4 Camaro</a>

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 99Camaro99:

I bought the take-off Z28 pipe which basically has everything together as one long pipe.
                    <hr></blockquote>

Ok, you must have the 93-95 I pipe that already have the S bend. Well, you can still get the 3" in/out catco from the link in my other message. The muffler shop just welded my 2.75" I pipe I had right onto the 3" catco with no problem. He didn't need a reducer.
                    <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

Originally posted by shortdog273:
                      </font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by 99Camaro99:

I bought the take-off Z28 pipe which basically has everything together as one long pipe.
                      Ok, you must have the 93-95 I pipe that already have the S bend. Well, you can still get the 3" in/out catco from the link in my other message. The muffler shop just welded my 2.75" I pipe I had right onto the 3" catco with no problem. He didn't need a reducer. </font>[/QUOTE]But what about the inlet pipe? It's only 2-2.25 inches.
                      1993 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6 A4<br />F41 RPO suspension option<br />119K miles<br />Fastchip<br />K&N \"Filtercharged\"<br />Airbox cuttout CAI<br />ASP underdrive pulleys<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />Flowmaster 80 Series 2.75 cat-back<br />MangaFlow Hi-Flow Cat<br />Corvette Servo<br />16.4 @ 81 MPH

Comment

The muffler shop has reducers. They should be able to do this no problem.
                        Patrick<br />Sick Sixx Member<br /><b>97 Mystic Teal Camaro</b><br />425RWHP @14PSI<br />Old setup:<br />330RWHP @7PSI 13.9 @ 106.6 <a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/vbgarage.php?do=view&id=4\" target=\"_blank\">Mods</a>

Comment

Originally posted by Linxs:
                          The muffler shop has reducers. They should be able to do this no problem.
                          Then whats the point if they're just going to reduce it? It inley pipe is no bigger than 2.25in so it seems to me that it would flow the same as long as th einlet on the cat is 2.25 or larger, right. It's still the same honeycome, just a different pipe size. Correct me if I'm wrong.
                          1993 Pontiac Firebird 3.4L V6 A4<br />F41 RPO suspension option<br />119K miles<br />Fastchip<br />K&N \"Filtercharged\"<br />Airbox cuttout CAI<br />ASP underdrive pulleys<br />Pacesetter Headers<br />Flowmaster 80 Series 2.75 cat-back<br />MangaFlow Hi-Flow Cat<br />Corvette Servo<br />16.4 @ 81 MPH

Comment

I dont know what size it is exactly (3"?) but the inlet on my stock cat is much bigger than the 2.25 i-pipe that comes out of it. I want to say it's a 3" inlet on the stock cat, but I might be wrong, so hopefully someone else will come along. But I do know everyone seems to run a 3" in/out on their high flow cats.
                            98 White T-Top Firebird<br />w/ the crome 5 star rims<br />FRA, Smoothed stock lid,<br />Dynomax Super Turbo Exhaust<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=346111\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=346111</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X