Rumbler summary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rumbler summary

I think that i am going to get rumbler so i have done research on everything that i can find on the board...and i wanted to put what i understand and please correct me if i am wrong(we all know it makes great power, so this is all about sound).
    When the car has stock manifolds and cats after it breaks in it is loud but not to loud and you don't get rasp under load, when you are in place reving it you get plenty of rasp. If you think it is to loud or to raspy you can weld in a extra muffler to quiet it down and mellow it out.
    When the car has headers and a highflow it is abnoxious. So to do something about that you can just add in a nice bullet muffler to mellow it out. Because everyone says that it is CRAZY loud.
    Is this right, or do i need to be corrected.
    2002 M5 camaro- VTR CAI, custom cat-back exhaust, battery compacitor, pullie, lowering springs, 32mm sway bar, cross-drilled slotted rotars. 1-10\" L7 in cubby.

It is very loud w/headers and no cat. A catalytic converter would quieten it down a lot. That would make it a lot more quiet than a bullet. I'm not sure a bullet would make it much different.
    <b>Black</b> 1998 Pontiac <i>Firebird</i> A-4 swap<br />271.4rwhp/259.4rwtq NA<br />13.30@102.44 <br /><a href=\"http://www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98\" target=\"_blank\">www.freewebs.com/wickedsix98</a>

Comment

I have the SLP Loudmouth, its a bit louder than the Rumbler because TSP uses a Dynomax Bullet, SLP used resonator "muffler". I have stock log manifolds and stock cat and its one loud son of a *****, the rasp has quited down a litte but not the exaust. I love it.
      I speak the truth, I say what other don\'t say.<br />I am a ***.

Comment

i have stock manifolds with 3 inch magnaflow cat and a 3 inch S pipe with the rumbler and it is loud as hell. i iike it!
        2000 FIREBIRD NBM<br />Thanks to:<br />TSP, ZZP, TCI, Comp Cam, Whisper, GM, Lakewood, TrafficJamz Car Audio,HP Tuner, Alterstart, texas drivetrain and performance, BMR<br /><br />1990 BLUE CAMARO RS<br />1980 z28 <br /><br />venom-vi vice president

Comment

I have headers, gutted cat and loudmouth. It's loud, from outside the car, inside the car it's only loud if you get on it and it still isn't that loud. Outside it's definatly crazy loud though :D
          \'99 SSM Camaro V6 M5<br />(mod list on cardomain site; too long to list here)<br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/v6cam99</a>

Comment

yep, nightrida's car is loud as $hit, and the cam sounds quite badass
            2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X