exhaust size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• exhaust size

if i go to a 3" exhaust would that make my lauch even worse because i have 3.08 gears and an open diff? i would like 3.42's and posi but cant afford it/
    96 Polo Green Camaro<br /><br />Slp Cai,Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back,Catco cat,3.42 Posi rear, KMC Floss Rims 275/45/17 rear 235/45 front

If I were you and were worried about launching I would just save up for a rear-end from a junkyard...you can come across them pretty cheap.
    I'm not real sure what your question is...if it is about going 2.5 or 3inch then it has been proven that 3inch will give you more power and torque, but moves the band up so even if it SEEMS like you have less you acctually will have more.
    Shawn<br />2002 Silver W68 Firebird

Comment

about how much do the Z28 rears go for?
      1997 Camaro<br />17x9 Chrome SS wheels, SLP CAI, Magnaflow Catback,<br />High Flow Cat, Blacked out Lights, 20% tint, AUDIO: 1600W Kenwood eXcelon Amp, 12\" Kicker L7, 1 Farad Cap (Recently STOLEN),<br />H&R Springs and KYB AGX\'s,<br />Billet Grille

Comment

camarocrzy, I have installed a 3" exhaust on my car with a high-flow cat and an Edelbrock muffler. I GAINED horsepower and torque, I am sure, throughout the entire RPM band. The major gains are up higher, around 3000-4000rpm, but they are still there lower. Since you gain more at higher RPM's, though, it does sometimes seem like I lost power on my launch, but in reality I really didn't. Make sense? Overall, 3" exhaust is a great idea, and you won't be upset about it at all. Our cars have great power down low, but seem to lack up high. That is why a high-flow exhaust is so smart, it evens out our powerband.

-Justin

P.S. Edelbrock is a good exhaust too. :D
        <b><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/drkmind11\" target=\"_blank\">2000 Red Firebird Coupe, A4.</a></b> ((3.42 Gears, LSD Stock))<br />Details: 3\" Edelbrock Exhaust, 3\" Catco Cat,160* Thermostat, 8% Tint, TA Chrome Wheels, Viper 550.

Comment

thanks for the info, ill more than likly go with 3". ive just heard horror stories from non f-body owners who say"3inch?,you would be stupid to put that on a v6!" i will eventually be doing other mods to my car so it might make sense.
          96 Polo Green Camaro<br /><br />Slp Cai,Flowmaster American Thunder cat-back,Catco cat,3.42 Posi rear, KMC Floss Rims 275/45/17 rear 235/45 front

Comment

it makes since with nothing else too
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Originally posted by camarocrzy:
              thanks for the info, ill more than likly go with 3". ive just heard horror stories from non f-body owners who say"3inch?,you would be stupid to put that on a v6!" i will eventually be doing other mods to my car so it might make sense.
              Don't listen to people with no experience with our cars. They will also try to tell you a open cutout kills our torque :rolleyes:
              00\' firebird v6 5spd<br />201rwhp ---- 230 rwtq<br />\"Everyday I grow stronger...and further from you.\"<br />WARNING: Do not take any of my comments seriously unless they are technical in nature and then only at your own risk

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X