V8 - V6 muffler question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• V8 - V6 muffler question

i have a 1998 v6 and due to a recent drifting fuk up my exhaust is all bent up to shyt. im wondering if i could pick up a stock muffler and tips off a z28 since i like the look of that exhaust and could get it cheap.
    now is the z28 exhasut 2 pipes coming into the muffler or 1 like on the 6?

thanks
    ----------------<br />1998 Camaro 3800 Series II, 5 SPD.<br />MODS: C5 Rims, Flowmaster Exhaust, Sony Xplode MP3 Deck and 2 10\" . Soon to be sprayed :)

yes it should be no problem putting the z28 exhaust on your v6.

[ January 17, 2005, 03:26 PM: Message edited by: john00v6a4 ]
    <b>2000 Firebird </b><br /><i>old setup </i>- Automatic Whisper lid, Borla catback, shift kit w/ V8 servo, 3.42 gears w/ LSD, PI 3000 converter, <br /><br /><i>14.703@90.92, 2.01 60\' </i>(intake and exhaust)<br /><br /><i> new setup </i> swapped over to LS1 413.9rwhp/398.7rwtq<br /><a href=\"http://www.thunderracing.com\" target=\"_blank\">www.thunderracing.com</a>

Comment

just one pipe coming in......it will fit fine.
      2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Absolutely no problem. Whatever you do, don't go to a chain shop and buy a whole new system, just get a V8 setup (or an aftermarket setup). Most of the V8 ones are given away -- I know I gave away a couple.
        <b>97 Camaro 3.8L M5</b><br />Car for sale<a href=\"http://terpmotors.com\" target=\"_blank\">terpmotors.com</a> Terrapin Motorsports! UMCP

Comment

1 more thing, how will this sound?? anyone done this here??
          also anyone know where i could pick one up or anyone that wants to get rid of theirs?
          my hook up fell through...
          thanks
          ----------------<br />1998 Camaro 3800 Series II, 5 SPD.<br />MODS: C5 Rims, Flowmaster Exhaust, Sony Xplode MP3 Deck and 2 10\" . Soon to be sprayed :)

Comment

Search and you'll find lots of posts regarding V8 take offs. I have an SS take off, sounds good, a lot better than the V6 muffler.
            1999 Y87 Camaro<br />Whisper Lid, SLP SS Takeoff Exhaust

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X