weird, but true

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• weird, but true

ok i bought a 95 camaro with a 3.4 and a 5spd. the idiot befor me, its original owned, used it to tow! anyways, it was rought, but i worked it back to bone stock so that i could realy start to mod it. the first mod was a (suprise) k&n filter.
    i have no dyno or track to test the car on, however i live in the boonies and we have the roads. not the best but ok and you can errrr"test" you car against others. well with the k&n on take off, burn first"duh" but solid hook up on second. then i bought a 20 doller cheap universal cone paper filter for my brother. it would not work on his truck but we noticed it would on my car. we installed it and took it to the same place we always test our cars. we raced and i lost. i had no hook up. did it thre times to be sure and this is the same place i tested the car with a k&n. i did a nice hole shot and slapped second and then using the same shift points, roasted the tires. also with this filter i have better fuel mileage and smoother reves. why am i getting more torque with the 20 doller paper and not the k&n? and whats more, how can i get more?????!!
    thx

there could be a number of factors playing in this
    u said that u live out in the boonies, so maybe the k&N is really dirty from all the dust and stuff.
    maybe it has something to do with your shifting
    maybe u launched better
    all in all, i say f*** them both and buy an slp cold air intake, if u can find a paper filter that performs better than that, let me be the first to know. :D
    White \'97 Firebird V6<br />t-tops<br />80 series Flowmaster Exhaust<br />SLP CAI<br />180* stat<br />tinted side and back windows<br />3\" echo pipes/chrome tips<br />headlight conversion kit<br />fog lamps<br />smoke rear and turning lamp covers

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
    Working...
    X