Universal (Catco?) cat question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal (Catco?) cat question....

I plan on purchasing a Magnaflow 2 1/2 inch Catback exhaust system (Part #15694) for my '94 'bird this weekend. I am considering replacing my working stock cat for an aftermarket high-flow unit. After searching the threads/archives I am thinking of a Catco unit. Does anyone know if our cars need the air inlet or intake tube? What size (length) of the unit? I believe they come in 16 and 21 inch sizes. Thanks for any help you can provide.

im not a 3.4 expert but i would say the shorter the better and yes, i believe you need to air tube.
    2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Catco will do just get a 2.5 cat. As far as the air tube goes you will not need it. The shop that installed mine cut mine off and sealed it. Hope this helps.
      <b> \'95 Camaro 3.4L A4 <i>Rikku</i><br />AutoX - Drift - Street </b><br />\"Sideways is faster.\"

Comment

well if you have a 3.4 and it's an auto you wont need a cat with an air inlet, but if you have 5-speed you will. also keep in mind, that if you get a universal cat it will have a slip-fit inlet and outlet and will be short. the stock cat is 18" and has a slip fit inlet and a 2-bolt flanged outlet.
        <b>1995 Bright Red 3.4L</b> <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94camaroguy\" target=\"_blank\">Carmen\'s Page</a>

Comment

Thanks for the help, as always, great advice. I do have a 3.4 and an auto.

Comment

us auto 3.4s luck out on that one ;)
            <b>1995 Bright Red 3.4L</b> <br /><a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/94camaroguy\" target=\"_blank\">Carmen\'s Page</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
            Working...
            X