need help ASAP.. installing sensor in lid - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

need help ASAP.. installing sensor in lid

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need help ASAP.. installing sensor in lid

installing my whisper lid.. i cannot get the sensor to go through the grommet thing. which way do i put in the grommet into the lid, the inside or the outside. either way i havent been able to get the sensor through it. need help...

well, im not sure how ure supposed to do it, but i pit the fat side outside, and pushed the sensor through with a pillow so i wouldnt dig a hole in my hand like i was doing earlier...
    a small black part broke off from the part near the bulb thingy.. it should still work fine

Comment

What I did was microwave the rubber thingy so it would be easier to push through the hole. Worked out fine
      New Toy Red 94 Formula LT1
      RT: .0006 60': 1.894 1/8 mile: 8.351 @ 84.89 1/4 mile: 12.974 @ 107.81
      crashed Red 96 Camaro 3.8l: 14.91 @ 92.38
      The ex wife's Black 98 Firebird 3.8l: 15.23 @ 88.12

Comment

thos things are a tight fit..

note: put the grommit in first.. then carefully suff the sensor in..

if it wont go in.. get a drill bit.. and make the hole jsut a tiny little bit bigger..

Comment

Originally posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreGone:
          thos things are a tight fit..

note: put the grommit in first.. then carefully suff the sensor in..

if it wont go in.. get a drill bit.. and make the hole jsut a tiny little bit bigger..
          x2. I didn't use a drill, I used my leatherman. But, same effect. I made the hole just big enough to squeeze the grommet in while applying pressure from a flat side of my leatherman
          2000 silver A4 Camaro<br />Whisper lid; Free Ram Air; BMR stb; MSD super conductor wires; Gatorback belt?<br />1986 RX-7 (daily driver)

Comment

****.....i just used KY Jelly :D
            2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

yea that thing sucked to get in. just muscle it in there.
              Dave:
              00 Supercharged Camaro - RIP
              97 Turbo Camaro - Sold

Comment

i put it over the grommet.. and took my pillow and smashed it in..lol

Comment

I used a nice and cut a lot of material off of the grommet lip and got it on there, it was still a snug fit but it went in with a bit of elbow grease.
                  99 3.8 Camaro<br />Intake Mods: K&N filter, Whisper lid, free ram air, !air silencer, !maf screen<br />Exhaust Mods: Flowmaster 80 series, 3\" I-pipe, 3\" Cutout<br />Suspension: Intrax Springs (2\" drop)<br />Misc.: Fan switch mod, Hayden transmission cooler

Comment

yeah, i just got mine and i had to use a pencil file to open the hole up a bit. In the directions they say that they hope it doesnt take as long to install as it does to read this...i say boo to that...cause it took me a good 15min to just get the filing right and wash out the lid. but my car sounds deeper and WOT sounds BADASS!!!WHEEEEE!!! (sorry. hyper)
                    2000 Navy Blue T-top Camaro A4<br />TSP Rumbler <br />Carsound Hi-flo Cat<br />!MAF screen<br />Whisper lid<br />HPP3

Comment

Originally posted by chadder:
                      yeah, i just got mine and i had to use a pencil file to open the hole up a bit. In the directions they say that they hope it doesnt take as long to install as it does to read this...i say boo to that...cause it took me a good 15min to just get the filing right and wash out the lid. but my car sounds deeper and WOT sounds BADASS!!!WHEEEEE!!! (sorry. hyper)
                      yeah that comment kinda only made my struggle worse..lol..took me like..more than a hour to put the lid and filter on.
                      although..it was the first thing ive ever done to any car..so my noobish-ness doesnt count [img]smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X