Borla question.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Borla question.

Like I said in a previous post, I'm buying a guy's entire exhaust setup that includes headers and the Borla rear section (it's a '95, he only put on the rear section). I really wanted the adjustable system but couldn't pass up this offer, so I'm considering my options. Is the system with the adjustable plates basically just a kind of cutout? If it really just does the same thing, then could I just buy an electric cutout that I can control from inside my car, and have it running something like half-open half-closed/Borla? I really want the Borla sound, but I also want it loud, and the rear section alone won't do much compared to a wide open adjustable system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
    \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebird1055:
    Is the system with the adjustable plates basically just a kind of cutout? <hr></blockquote>

I have the adjustable system and yes, it is just a cutout thing before the muffler.

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Firebir1055:
    If it really just does the same thing, then could I just buy an electric cutout that I can control from inside my car, and have it running something like half-open half-closed/Borla?<hr></blockquote>

I don't see why this wouldn't work. Good idea with the electric cutout - I'm going to get one to control my Borla

Hope this helps,
    Rob
    <b>2002 Pewter v6 Camaro</b><br />T-tops, Auto, stock GFX<br />mods: SSRA, Whisper lid, K&N filter, Borla cat-back, Pioneer HU, RF 6.5\" speakers, billet grill, clear corners, red tubing under hood, black CAMARO fill-in\'s, QTEC, GM power antenna, fan switch

Comment

Thanks for the info. Now that I know the adjustable system is basically just an adjustable cutout, it means I can spend hundreds less and just get the rear section that will come with the rest of the setup. The only thing is, the I-pipe is stock size, so I'll have to work on that and everything...
      \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

Comment

hey firebird 1055 can you post some pics of your car, my bird is the same year and color, i'd just like to see yours, thanks
        1995 Firebird (3.4) <br />Eagle 18\" 077<br />Flowmaster 80 (2.75\") series exhaust<br />2.5\" Car Sound Cat<br />K&N Cold Air Intake <br />Alpine 12\" Type E Sub<br />Bazooka EL 1500 Amp<br />Pinoeer deh4400 and Aftermarket Speakers<br /> <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird</a>

Comment

Well my car's in the shop right now, I'm getting the front nose repainted because it's got quite a few year's worth or wear on it, plus the somewhat dirty nose doesn't match the new sparkling white hood and ground effects. The only differences between your car and mine, is that mine's a 3.8 and mine has T-tops. I have my car decaled-out, but not in a "ricey" sort of way, it's a real head turner. Maybe it could give you some ideas if you ever wanted to try the decals and everything. The only things I'm lacking right now are rims and exhaust. I still have the old stock rims... eck. But yeah, once I get ahold of my car again, I'll take some pics and find some place to post them, maybe to give others ideas, or suggestions. Oh, and one last thing... I saw the comments by some people on that website, about how amazed they were that you were 17 and had a car like that... Well hey, I just turned 18 a few months ago, and my car's been like it is now ever since then, and I put on the hood and everything else when I was 17 because when I got it, it was completely bare. I wanted a Trans Am, but we got the bird used for 7k, but since I've fixed it up, I could probably sell it now for quite a bit more, since it really does look like a show car. But enough bragging, I'll post the pics on this thread once I get my car back.

Comment

Since you took the time to look at my page, couldn't you at least signed it, and as far as m being 17, unlike alot of kids i actually worked for all the money i used to buy my car
            1995 Firebird (3.4) <br />Eagle 18\" 077<br />Flowmaster 80 (2.75\") series exhaust<br />2.5\" Car Sound Cat<br />K&N Cold Air Intake <br />Alpine 12\" Type E Sub<br />Bazooka EL 1500 Amp<br />Pinoeer deh4400 and Aftermarket Speakers<br /> <a href=\"http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.sounddomain.com/id/fbird</a>

Comment

I understand, I just hate when people try and downplay my car simply because my parents bought it for me. I can maybe someone saying that about a 17 year old with a brand new Trans Am or Corvette or something like that, but not a Firebird, especially not a used one. But anyway, if it's any consolation, I have put about $3000 into it so far, including modifications and fixing things... I'm basically getting mods done on a paycheck-basis, meaning about one mod every two weeks.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X