Spintech Muffler...opinions wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spintech Muffler...opinions wanted

Hey all, I need some opinions on Spintech Mufflers. A friend of mine does bench flow tests and he said when he tested the Spintech's, the numbers were impressive, but the it gave the vehicle a high pitched, raspy sound. So Im asking, how do these mufflers sound with a 3.8? Not just at idle, but at highway speeds, and accelerating? Also, would adding a 3" I-pipe make the sound deeper or higher? Thanks for your help!
    2002 M5 Camaro 3800<br />1LE Sway Bars<br />Hurst Billet Plus Shifter<br />3.23\'s<br />Ghetto Whisper Lid Mod<br />Ghetto Ram Air Mod<br />Taylor Wires<br />Holly Powershot Filter

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by UCF3800:
    Also, would adding a 3" I-pipe make the sound deeper or higher? Thanks for your help!<hr></blockquote>

A 3 inch I-pipe makes almost any muffler sound good. I think it's almost more important than which muffler you get. Well maybe not more important, but it goes a long way towards making the sound deep.

Now, from what I've heard, most Spintech guys say it is the greatest thing since sliced bread. I don't know about that. We'll see what they say when they show up.
    Matt<br />2000 Firebird<br /><br /><a href=\"http://www.fullthrottlev6.com/forums/index.php?\" target=\"_blank\">FullThrottleV6.com</a>

Comment

I have a spintech on right now, but as soon as the SLP loudmouth gets here today i'm going to change them out. I went with the LM because it is a full 3 inch stainless system, where as the Spintech is only the muffler. The spintech did not feel a bit slower when i had on my Triflow muffler, it just sounded different. I would say it did give a bit of a high pitched sound, but that could be because i have no cat on my car. It was great down low and up high, i enjoyed hearing my dad fly down our street in my car. Not ricey at all. Definitely recommended if you only plan to lightly mod your car.

Scott

Comment

well I do not have a high pitched raspy sound on my 3.4. I have the 3inch i-pipe. I get nothing but compliments.
        1995 Camaro 3.4 v6. Dead<br />1995 Trans Am FIPK.

Comment

IMO, Performance mufflers sound better on the 3.4s for some reason I can't explain.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

3.4s sound better because they are bored and stroked engines.

Scott

Comment

I know the 3.4 is an enlarged version of the 2.8, but how can that attribute to the sound? The 3.8 has a larger bore and stroke than the 3.4

[ April 27, 2002: Message edited by: Backfire ]</p>

Comment

spintech IS the best sounding muffler for a 3.8l. the reason why is because it cancels out the resonance of the exhaust pulses. the v6 needs a quieter muffler at upper rpm's because these pulses resonate more and a faster spinning engine is just louder.on a v6 it's a buzzing sound. the spintech is nice and deep at low rpm's. deeper than my girlfriends flowmaster and deeper than my old edelbrock. at upper rpm's where these other mufflers get higher and buzzy, the spintech get's quieter and makes a deep hum. it's still loud but not loud in an annoying way. also there's no interior resonance at all, made me think this muffler is to quiet at first. oh yeah, the 3.4 sounds better because of the firing order. to me they only sound better at lower rpm's. it's smaller so it will be higher pitched at wot.
                96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

I want to get a Spintech for my 3.4L. Which one did you get? I know that it is one of their SC(split case) mufflers. What Inlet/outlet diameter did you guys use? I have a 'Flo Pro' :rolleyes: from a local muffler shop and it sounds good at idle, but sucks :mad: at wot. I get compliments and is that a Z28 compliments all the time :D . But it is raspy and way to loud at highway speeds [img]graemlins/crybaby.gif[/img] . Is the Spintech really have no interior resonance?
                  I'm considering either Spintech or Dynomax.

[ May 01, 2002: Message edited by: 95silver ]</p>

Comment

my spintech is a 343sc . that's 3in. inlet 2.5 outlet. i used to have an edelbrock catback, which is way i have bigger pipes, then i just switch out the muffler.about $130.
                    96 wht. firebird 5sd. rk sport headers,3in.catco, spintech catback,CAI,FRA,3.42/lsd 180*t-stat, centerforce dual friction clutch, ls1 driveshaft, polyurethane trans. mount.<br />01 blk. z28 m6, borla exht, lid, k<br />+n, sfc., chrome 18in. y2k c5 wheels.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by rob231:
                      my spintech is a 343sc . that's 3in. inlet 2.5 outlet. i used to have an edelbrock catback, which is way i have bigger pipes, then i just switch out the muffler.about $130.<hr></blockquote>

How would you compare the Spintech with the Edelbrock?
                      1994 3.4L M5 Bright Red Camaro <p>NGK G-Power<br />Accel 8.8mm<br />Hooker Aero Chamber Exhaust<br />GM 160a Alternator<br />Phoenix Gold Deep Cycle Battery<br />Clarion DRX6575z<br />US Acoustics 2100<br />ESX Quantum 2751<br />Infinity Reference 6.5\" Comp Set w/ Modified Xovers<br />(2) MTX 5000 15\"<br />Wiring by Arc Audio

Comment

why a 3.4 sounds better...because it's a 60degree mounted V6 and the 3.8 is a 90degree mounted V6 (or the other way around)

Comment

i've never heard of Spintech before. where can i find information about it? i'm new in the f-body world. trying to learn all i can.
                          ITS ALL STOCK - TRUST ME

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X