Sound differences with headers?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sound differences with headers?

I'm about to buy a guy's entire exhaust setup, which includes RKSport Headers, Borla Catback, and everything else stock for $400. I was going to go with something like a Loudmouth setup, but I've been wanting headers, just haven't been able to bring myself to shell out the money for them, because the desire to replace the stock catback has come first. Anyway, I'm aware that the headers will most likely leak, so I'm not concerned with what headers I "should" have gotten or anything of the sort. I'm simply wondering what kind of a sound improvement will be gained with these headers, which are ceramic coated and everything. I've already upgraded my intake to basically a straight-though RamAir intake that uses my Predator hood. I've heard generic terms like "deeper" and "more throaty", but exactly to what extent, and does anyone know where/if I could find a clip of an exhaust setup with stock manifolds then another similar setup except with aftermarket headers? Thanks.
    \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

dude get it, thats no deal, its a steal!! If u don't want it tell him I do!!!!

Comment

Yeah, plus he's going to ship everything to me pre-assembled, right off of his car, so that will cut down on the installation costs., since I wouldn't want to try and do the headers myself. My other question, besides the one that hasn't even been answered yet, would be do I need a high flow cat now? I want the best sound possible, so would a HFC really make that much of a difference in sound?
      \"The Bird\" - \'95 Firebird (3.8), White<br />Suncoat Creations RamAir Predator hood with SC airbox, 30th Anniversary Ram Air-style stripes, Wings West W-Type ground effects, Last of the Breed Anniversary Emblems, Carsound High-Flow Cat, SLP Loudmouth Catback w/ 3.5\" slash-cut tips, and much more to come.

Comment

People on the board said a high flow cat makes the sound 40-50 percent louder (very cool imo). U should def get one, that way you will have a complete aftermarket exhaust- from the headers to the tips. Oh by the way make sure u get a 3" in out cat cause the borla catback input and header output are 3".

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
        Working...
        X