slp cai or new hood..?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slp cai or new hood..?

while i was parked in the mall the other day some not so bright moron backed his s.u.v into my hood.. leaving me with a nice dent, few very impressive straches, and basically bend the entire hood into a v....

heres my question.. i was just about to get a slp cai but now that my hood is just screwed and needs a trip to the body shop which ive gotten quotes for $250 and up, is it worth it to go for a ram air hood..? and if i do.. what mods under the hood do i need to get to make the entire set-up functionally ive heard about the whisper lids, and all that stuff but im not to familiar with it due to the fact a few days ago i was going with my cai from slp. right now im running a complete stock intake.

i was looking in my jegs catalog and out of all the hoods ive seen i like the harwood the best.

any info and recommendations would be appreciated.. thanks

Would help out a lot if I knew what type and year car you have.

Even if it's not "functional", a ram air hood looks sweet on a f-body. You could get the ram air hood and the slp cai.
    <b>99\' Black Camaro SS</b> <br />M6/T-Tops - SLPLid w/K&N | Hurst Billet Plus w/ LSS | EGR Mod<p>Black 97\' Camaro T-Tops (RIP)

Comment

By his profile, I believe he has a 1996.

Dude, put an SS hood on it! Those look soooo nice! If you wanna go with ram air, even better!
      1996 Camaro RS Bright Red<br />3.8L V6 A4 3.42\'s<br />K&N Filtercharger<br />Flowmaster 80 Series Muffler<br />Y87 Performance Package

Comment

if it were me, id get that hood fixed under insurance, and get the slp... but thats just me. youd have to buy some other parts to get that hood to be functional

96 V6 A4 Camaro and 99 Z28 A4 Camaro
        Visit My F-Body Page

Comment

its a 1996 3.8 v6 5-spd.. id fix it under insurance only problem is im 21 and it costs less out of my pocket than to call insurance and have to deal with them...

if i was to go with a ram air hood.. where does the air intake pick up the air from.. and what else beside the hood do i have to buy

Comment

whats the point of gettin a ram air hood for a 1996 if i still have to go with a slp cai?

why isnt the intake off the hood?

Comment

I would go with the Harwood, that's what I was going to do when I got into my accident. It was actually cheaper than the OEM replacement, but my insurance agent already ordered a hood :mad:

Thanks BTW I couldn't remember what the name of the hood was and had been trying to remember so I can order one.
              <a href=\"http://pics.projectpredator.com/thumbnails.php?album=16\" target=\"_blank\">2003 Zinc Yellow Mustang GT</a> 1 of 701<br />ET : TBD<br />But our shenanigans are cheeky and fun! Yeah, and his shenanigans are cruel and tragic. Which... makes t

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
              Working...
              X