Resetting Computer......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resetting Computer......

I just installed the SLP CAI and would like to reset my car's computer...

how do i go about doing this?

Disconnect the battery overnight and pull the PCM fuse?
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

Comment

Just pop the hood and look on the drivers side of the engine bay. There are two fuse boxes, open each of them and look at the diagram underneath the lid. In each of the 2 boxes there is a fuse with "PCM" in the name, pull those two fuses out. I'm not even sure if you have to wait to put them back in, but you could wait about 30 minutes just to make sure, then put them back in. That way you won't lose your clock/radio presets by disconnecting the negative battery terminal. :D

Comment

thank you very much, will be doing that first thing in the morning.

Comment

My PCM fuses are in the fuse box by the drivers door, maybe there is a difference in 97's and 98's and up [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]
          97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by RedbirdV6:
            My PCM fuses are in the fuse box by the drivers door, maybe there is a difference in 97's and 98's and up [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img] <hr></blockquote>

Oh really? Ya must be. No PCM fuses in my door fuse box.

Black97cam I guess you should check the box by the drivers door, which is on the side of the console when you open your door all the way.

Comment

Moving to General Tech.

This is a pretty basic question.
              Keith - Chicago<br /><a href=\"http://www.hptuners.com\" target=\"_blank\">HP Tuners - PCM Reprogramming</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.dxsoftware.com/magnus/\" target=\"_blank\">97 Firebird V6 to LS1 swap</a><br /><b>V8 9.967@132.78</b> 1.322 60\' NA Heads/Cam<br /><b>V8 10.295@128.48</b> 1.363 60\' NA Cam Only<br /><b>V8 10.987@119.31</b> 1.422 60\' NA Stock Internals<br /><b>V6 13.674@98.22</b> NA<br /><b>V6 12.394@104.91</b> N20 100HP

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by black97cam:
                I just installed the SLP CAI and would like to reset my car's computer...

how do i go about doing this?
                <hr></blockquote>

There is no reason to "reset" the computer. The PCM will adjust as necessary quckly.
                Robert - owner www.FirebirdV6.com "Mid-life crisis? I'm way beyond that!"

1996 Black Firebird GTxxxRam Air V6 w/ M5xxxwww.FirebirdGT.com

Raven

Comment

too late, already reset it earlier this morning LOL.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X