WANT 3.4L RUMBLE?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WANT 3.4L RUMBLE?!

I took of my muffler just to see what it would sound like....man was i suprised. I never thought a 3.4L motor could sound like that. The interior resonates at idle and gets louder and deeper as you accelerate. It does however, round raspy and just plain loud at WOT. ANYONE ELSE do this before? dO YOU GUYS THINK its a good idea to have two custom bent pipes going out the rear to dual tips (to keep the sounds and get the look)?
    Black 1995 3.4

hey that sounds good to me id put resignating tips on though it'll help with the raspyness
    -3.8L<br />-K&N Air Filter<br />-Glass Pack<br />-1/8: 11.137@61.15<br />-1/4: 17.125@78.53<br />Got To Love Mud & Cars Put Together

Comment

i did that. personally i dont think it helps at all (if the cat is gutted) but with cat, im sure it helps lots. its loud loud loud until 3500 rpms, then you turn into a rice burner =).
      For Sale<p>Mods so Far:<br />Tb Coolant Bypass, NGK Vpower Plugs, Accel 8mm Wires, Gutted Cat, TransAm Muffler, K&N FIPK, Crower Baja Cam, Comp Cams Magnum Rocker Arms 1.52 Ratio, Ported Throttlebody, Ported Intake Manifold, 3.73s and Auburn LSD, Yellow Underbody Neons, Milled Heads, Pacesetter Headers, TransGo Shift Kit, 1 Piece DS, Accel Coils, Rk Sport Air Temperature Module<p>Soon Mods:<br />Nos 5175, Rims, Stage 2 Jet Chip, Jet Underdrive Pullys, Strut Tower Brace, Subframe Connectors, Speed Calibrator, Lowering Springs

Comment

yep it is like that, I have had it unhooked at the Cat many of times, but it gets annoying.

Comment

HOW Do u guys think my muffler-less 3.4L would sound if I put Z28 tips on it? What about putting 3 in tips?? GUYS WHO HAVE MESSED AROUND WITH EXHAUST PLEASE HELP ME...i'm starting to hate the raspiness past 4K RPM's.
          Black 1995 3.4

Comment

tips dont effect sound

Comment

Actually, I think that tips effect sound alot. Think about it, where is the sound of the exhaust coming out from?....the tips. It's like you putting your hands cupped around your mouth when you want to yell for someone a little louder right? It has to do with projection of the sound. Maybe that's a bad analogy, but you get the point. [img]redface.gif[/img] ) When I got my old 3" tips cut off and had them replaced with 4" tips it was alot louder and deaper than before. Alot more attention too.
              1999 Black Trans Am A4<br /> <br />-Flowmaster with Flowtech Cutout <br />-SLP Lid <br />-SLP MAF <br />-Ported Heads, hardened pushrods<br />-Diable Sport Programming<br />-18\' ZO6 Polished rims

Comment

I agree larger tips should be deeper. I also think turndowns give my 80 series flowmaster more rumble probably b/c they echo off ground, but a bad side effect is lot of interior resonance.
                RED 1995 CAMARO 3.4L<br />Moroso cai, ASP Underdrive Pulleys, B&M Shifter, Flowmaster 80-Series Muffler, Polygraphite Sway Bar Bushings, Endlinks, and Panhard Rod Bushings

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by srogersilkl:
                  I agree larger tips should be deeper. I also think turndowns give my 80 series flowmaster more rumble probably b/c they echo off ground, but a bad side effect is lot of interior resonance.<hr></blockquote>

Tips make a big difference. Ask those few here that have heard my Borla and I'll tell you that most of that sound is do to the intercooled oct tips. I have the mid/open plate on so 90% of the airflow is going straight through and the tips is what is adding that depth of rumble.
                  94 Quasar Blue Z28<br /><a href=\"http://www.9t4z28.com\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.9t4z28.com</a><br /><a href=\"http://www.9t4z28.com/Dyno1.htm\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.9t4z28.com/Dyno1.htm</a>

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X