80 series muffler???????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 80 series muffler???????

please help, the 80 series muffler by flowmaster sounds great on a camaro, v6, but one thing i dont understand, arent the 80 series mufflers 2 in 2 out, how did you guys make it a 1 in 2 out????? please help
    Camaro 95 3.4L M5<br />Flowmaster 80srs<br />Catco High Flo Cat<br />Slp CAI<br />Prime wheels

read my post on PLEASE ENTER..COME ON

Comment

It means 2" in(coming from the Ipipe) and 2" out(exiting to the tailpipes). But you wanna get at least a 2.5" muffler for your camaro. As far as the dual exhaust, the flows have dual outlets. Get part #42583. It's not a true dual exhaust if that's what you wanna know.
      <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

what about the 3" in, dual 2.5 out, I was thinking of that my self. (43083)
        97 firebird <br />Y87<br />Flowmaster 80 exhaust <br />SLP CAI<br />T-Tops<br />Balding tires!!

Comment

your stock I pipe is only 2.25". Would be quite a stretch to fit a 3" inlet muffler, without any noticible gains.
          1997 Y87 Camaro with a motor and some stuff.

Comment

I was looking at the 80 series too. I all see is 3" inlet and two 2.5" outlets. How can I get a smaller inlet into the muffler? Do they make them any smaller, or do I have to get a different series?
            Joe<br />1995 3.4 Teal Camaro<br />80 Series Flowmaster<br />B&M Ripper Shifter<br />K&N Air Filter

Comment

just a thought, but couldn't you use say 2.5" or 2.75" pipes from cat to 3" inlet and just use an adapter fitting?

Just wondering cause I wanna get the 80 too, wanna do 2.75" pipes with 3" high flow cat and use adapters if possible.
              97 firebird <br />Y87<br />Flowmaster 80 exhaust <br />SLP CAI<br />T-Tops<br />Balding tires!!

Comment

It'll work.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by 95TealCamaro:
                  I was looking at the 80 series too. I all see is 3" inlet and two 2.5" outlets. How can I get a smaller inlet into the muffler? Do they make them any smaller, or do I have to get a different series? <hr></blockquote>

Part#42583 has 2.5" in and out. It's for the older models, but it'll still work.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by sped214:
                    your stock I pipe is only 2.25". Would be quite a stretch to fit a 3" inlet muffler, without any noticible gains.<hr></blockquote>

You shouldn't have any problem using the 3" inlet. You can a) run a 3" I-pipe (which I would do if you're going to bother running a 3" inlet muffler...) or b) use a reducer from the inlet to the I-pipe.
                    -James<br /><br />\'96 3.8L A4 Camaro (SOLD)

Comment

Trust us it will work [img]graemlins/toto.gif[/img]
                      Email: Preki1212@hotmail.com

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X