little help with Stock to WS6 exhaust conv. - FirebirdV6.com/CamaroV6.com Message Board

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

little help with Stock to WS6 exhaust conv.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• little help with Stock to WS6 exhaust conv.

I bought cutoff muffler w/duals. The guy who sold it to me said that it is ws6 take off. I can’t find if it’s true. Part number on muffler is GM 997144. Now, Modifications Encyclopedia says that high flow mufflers for the V6 use a 2.5” and lager models use a 3" inlet. Mine inner d is 2.75”.. Should I consider it as 3”? [img]smile.gif[/img] My stock muffler d is 2.2” . Muffler came without i-pipe. And I realize that whole system has to be 3”. How would I do that? I think that I would have to replace the cat inverter too. But the size is confusing me. I know that many of you guys have done this upgrade. Little help/suggestions. Anyone have just a muffler replaced without replacing i-pipe+cat?

any decent exhaust shop would be able to make it fit, my shop would prolly install that for like 40 bucks, but then again, thier crooked, lol
    plan to spend up to 80 but i highly doubt it will go that high
    the i-ppe wont be the problem, your whole system doesnt HAVE TO BE 3 inches.
    hell if you had a mig welder and a pipe bender you could do this your self
    I will take on all comers...or come on all takers!!! Whichever you prefer.

Comment

V8 cars had larger diameter intermediate pipes. 2.75" rather than the 2.25" on the V6.

Fitting it should not be a big problem. You just need a short piece of 2.5" pipe. Slip that over the end of your stock pipe, and the muffler inlet over the top of that, then clamp the hell outta it.
      1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

my guy made an adaptor for my muffler and then welded it. the ws6 muffler has a 2.75 in id pipe to my knowledge.
        2001 Arctic White Firebird With Black Drop Top<br /><br />3:42 Gears<br />Zexel LSD<br />BMR upper A-Arms<br />Trans Am exhaust with 3\" I-pipe and cutout<br />Modified intake<br />Mecham Hood<br />Trans Go shift kit<br />Making rear control arms and panhard

Comment

they can fit it just fine

Originally posted by FlamespikeMST1:
          any decent exhaust shop would be able to make it fit, my shop would prolly install that for like 40 bucks, but then again, thier crooked, lol
          plan to spend up to 80 but i highly doubt it will go that high
          the i-ppe wont be the problem, your whole system doesnt HAVE TO BE 3 inches.
          hell if you had a mig welder and a pipe bender you could do this your self
          80 to install a muffler :eek:

butt sex w/ no lube [img]graemlins/rofl.gif[/img]
          2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Thank you for info guys, This is greate idea FunkZ!!! Did you have any kind of leakage afer doing that?

Comment

Never had any leaks for me.

That's how SLP sold many of their take-off V8 mufflers, with this "V6 install kit" that was this piece of pipe and a clamp. [img]smile.gif[/img]
              1994 Firebird 3.4<br />15.65 @ 86.8<br /><a href=\"http://www.funkz.net/firebird.htm\" target=\"_blank\">funkz.net/firebird</a><br /><a href=\"http://mywebpages.comcast.net/funkz/timeslips.htm\" target=\"_blank\">Timeslips</a>

Comment

yup butt sex w/ no lube indeed, but if you read carefully i said they were crooked, lol
                I will take on all comers...or come on all takers!!! Whichever you prefer.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X