Check Engine Soon Light on?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check Engine Soon Light on?

My check engine soon light comes on after I drive my car for a long time or get out on the highway and punch it going down the ramp. It then stays on till I shut off the car and let it sit for awhile. So whats the deal here? Is my stock cat craped out or something?
    2000 Firebird 3.8L, GU6, G80<br />Maple Red Metallic <br />And the rest is all stock.<br /><br />SOLD:94 Firebird 3.4L<br />Flowmaster 80 Series

Probably the converter telling you something. I'd replace it asap.
    sigpic

Comment

What could happen if I don't replace it?
      2000 Firebird 3.8L, GU6, G80<br />Maple Red Metallic <br />And the rest is all stock.<br /><br />SOLD:94 Firebird 3.4L<br />Flowmaster 80 Series

Comment

How about going to Autozone to have them read the code so you know what your computer is trying to tell you?
        1995 Monte Carlo LS 3100 SFI<br />Coldz Intake, Custom MMS Exhaust, FFP Underdrive Pulley, 3800 Alternator Pulley<br /> <a href=\"http://www.mymonte.com/\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.mymonte.com/</a> <br />_ _ _ _ __ _ _ _ _ <br />Audentes fortuna juvat

Comment

i had the same problem, then it just went away, never got the code read, but now my cat is starting to go out, so maybe its an early warning, lol beats me
          I will take on all comers...or come on all takers!!! Whichever you prefer.

Comment

lol, remember everything is there for a reason.
            this includes error codes...
            dont just wait for it to 'go away'

Comment

ya i know, but sincemy car has yet to act strange with me, and just for kicks i checked the history....it was a misfire, which reminds me i did change my plugs while ago...meh lol
              I will take on all comers...or come on all takers!!! Whichever you prefer.

Comment

just get it checked. we dont need to hold your hand all the way to autozone to get it done [img]tongue.gif[/img]

come to use after the code is scanned and why is this in intake/exhaust?
                2000 3.8 A4 Pewter Camaro

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                Working...
                X