Easy air intake questions ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Easy air intake questions ...

I started playing today for my air lid. I took the silencer out etc. Now, what is next in the intake? Is that little black thing the throttle body and then I assume behind that is the MAF? Now, I am trying to port my MAF. How do I get it out. I loosened the 3 bolts on the aluminum piece, but nothing budged. Also the MAF looks riveted from the sides (no bolts or screws). How do I get it out and how do I get it back in? AND, for safety sake, how do I disconnect the battery?

I know these are real basic questions, but I have to start somewhere.

Thanks a bunch
    Zaino; FireBatCave Decals; Red Inside<br /><br />K&N Filter & Lid; Removed MAF screen; FRA; Raised Air Box; 180°F Stat; BMR STB; 3\" Catco & S-pipe; Borla Cat-Back; O2 Sim; HPPIII; NGK TR55s; Taylor 8mm wires<br /><br /> <a href=\"http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300\" target=\"_blank\">http://www.cardomain.com/id/cbass300</a>

if you don't know how to remove MAF, i would not suggest trying to port it yourself. the part is to expensive to f up. not trying to be rude, just trying to give some helpful advice...
    ASE Master, L1, X1, C1. Instructor in automotive systems. 99 3800 4L60E with a few mods and a greatful dead sticker on the back window.

Comment

If you are running n/a, your not going to see any gains from port & polishing any part of the intake -- at least Magnus said he didn't.

Start with more basic mods first. Get Cold Air Induction, Exhaust, etc.

Btw -- maf is a 300-400 dollar part.
      2001 75th Anniversary V6 Pewter Firebird w/ Chrome Wheels, T-Tops, & Y87<br />Mods: Free Ram Air, !Silencer, Holley Filter, Full 3\" Hooker Catback, 3\" Cat<br />Best time: 15.095 at 90.00 MPH with a 2.127 60\'

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
      Working...
      X