Catco 3" install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catco 3" install

Everyone by now has seen my dyno Im sure - if not see my signature.

Here's the deal - I'm looking at buying the dynomax 3" back I pipe with 3" axel crossover pipe and a 3" Catco cat.

Will this 100% replace everything from the beginning of my cat to the muffler? Will I get SES lights running a 3" cat? Will both the pre-O2 and post-O2 fit in that setup okay? I don't want anything tighter than a 2.5" constriction in my exhaust from the manifolds back, so what else do I need to do besides this?

Thanks for your help - I want some more power :D .
    2002 5-spd NBM Camaro
    Details: www.1lev6.com

That takes care of everything from your cat to your muffler. You pre cat o2 sensor will be fine but you may get the dreaded SES light from bad readings from the post cat o2, some people get it with a high flow cat and some do not. Don't know why that is, maybe it has to do with brand of high flow cats, some may flow better than others I don't think the aftermarket I-pipe comes tapped for an o2 sensor but your shop can take care of that with a sleeve, but don't quote me on that, I know mine didn't [img]graemlins/thumbsdown.gif[/img] Hope that helps :D or makes sense [img]graemlins/dunce.gif[/img]
    97 Red Firebird<br />Best N/A 1/4: 13.98<br />Best N/A MPH: 96.13<br />Best Nitrous 1/4: 12.49<br />Best Nitrous MPH: 108.53<p>2001 Pewter Camaro SS <br />GTP Stage II Heads, Pig Cam, Holley Intake, SLP Headers, SLP Lid, Vigalante 3600 Stall Converter, MagnaFlow Cat Back Exhaust, Duel Electric Cut-Outs<br />11.26@121

Comment

I thought those of us with 98+ didn't have a pre-cat o2 sensor just 2 on manifolds and one after the cat?? as far as pipes you will also have to have a 3" S-Pipe bent from the cat to the I-pipe and have them weld in the o2 nut thingie.. unless of course my mind has turned to oatmeal and I'm blabbering aimlessly..
      -Brad
      98 Firebird - gone from mod mode to keep it running and useable mode.
      2000 V-Star Custom 1100
      If all else fails use a bigger hammer!
      :rock:

Comment

So where can I buy the 3" S pipe? I guess the guy could fab me one ole crushbent style though couldn't he? :D

[ February 22, 2002: Message edited by: TheCardinal ]</p>
        2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

I bought two 3" 45 degree mandrel pipes from jcwhitney for about 40 bucks. I haven't got it installed yet.
          <b>99 Camaro Z28 A4</b><br />R.I.P. 00 Firebird 3.8<br />14.89 @ 90, 2.03 60\'

Comment

I thought it was 2 90 degree pipes?
            2002 Camaro SS 6 Spd<br />Sebring Silver Metallic<br />Still breaking it in<p>Traded in - 2002 V6 5 Spd Camaro.<p>\"I\'ll never trust squirrels again.\"

Comment

Yea, but the 45 degree will probably flow better. I exchanged the 90s for the 45s. It'll work. You might have to cut your I pipe down a bit.

Comment

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by shortdog273:
                Yea, but the 45 degree will probably flow better. I exchanged the 90s for the 45s. It'll work. You might have to cut your I pipe down a bit.<hr></blockquote>

Excellent idea!
                2002 5-spd NBM Camaro

Comment

I gotta thank slacker. I never thought about the 45 degree pipes working for a S pipe.

Comment

Latest Topics

Collapse

There are no results that meet this criteria.

FORUM SPONSORS

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X